Why is this the way it is?

This have been annoying me for a while. I have a magma blast, and I keep fighting energy mechs with bunker shell, so I try to go toe to toe, blast vs bunker. And bunker slaughters me while my blast barely scratches a decent energy’s paint. I finally looked it up and found out why.

Why is a bunker shell basically a mini lightning scope while a magma blast is only a little stronger than a supreme cannon, weaker when you consider it only has one use. I understand why energy weapons do more elemental damage than heat weapons. You regen every turn, but you have to use a move to cool off. But 60 more damage and 40 more elemental damage? Once you add arena boosts, that’s a pretty big difference. I keep hearing people asking for nerfs to heat weapons, lets nerf this first, at least in plain damage. Heat and energy should be equal in damage, with energy weapons dealing slightly more elemental damage.

And magma weighs more too, I just noticed

Simple" they hate heat"

2 valiant sniper + face shocker = 454 + 92 = 546 energy
emp + drone = 492 + any weapon and = 600+energy

and what can be warm?
heat point = 58, 50 heat cost
deso = 58 and 56 cost
supreme cannon = 86 heat and 44 cost
shower = 104 and 81 cost
imagine a fight:
86+104+58= 248 heat at your opponent and 44+81+50=175 heat at you

to fill the 600 heat you need 3 turns. the enemy needs 1, you 3! and you heat yourself up to 525
the enemy does not spend anything, because his energy is replenished by herself. thus, if you can shoot, you will lose your turn with your opponent = you will not get any advantage from the use of thermal weapons!

:+1:

There’s nothing about “hate heat”, tripple magma is overused, and so it’s nerfed

Also …

• Heat and Energy types work different :exclamation:

:wink:

if magma were epic / myth, I would understand the nerf. And when you have it alone and it hits 200 dmg = throw your heat fur into the garbage bin)) there are no other ideas.

Of course in different ways, the heat works against itself, and the energy against the enemy) it’s obvious!

you :man_facepalming:

Magma Blast is “over-used” in meta (mostly in Volcano mechs, and derivated), and thus got nerfed twice or thrice (something like that)…
While Bunker Shell was left untouched (mainly because there are F2P alternative/more alternative for it, than for Magma Blast)

Also, all energy-free items weight more than their energy-dependant counterpart (with somewhat same other stats tho)

and still everyone and their premium dogs use magmas :frowning:

Everybody around me is (ab)using both these things.
And im here, sitting with my last words and my abominations.

“Be special” they say. Ok.

This have been annoying me for a while. I have an epic plate, and I keep fighting players with platinum plates, so I try to go toe to toe, iron vs platinum. And Hp abusers slaughters me while my iron barely scratches a decent HP player. I finally looked it up and found out why.

53%20PM

01%20PM

Why is a platinum basically 2 iron plates while an iron doesn’t even give 50% of platinum? weaker when you consider it you only have 8 module slots. I understand why a higher tier item should be better. You pay to get it, but you have more than double HP. more than double HP AND an extra module slot? Once you add arena boosts, that’s a pretty big difference. I keep hearing people asking for nerfs to claws and stuff, but lets nerf this first, at least in plain unfair HP. Platinum plates should be stronger, yes but rip me

I guess that’s why you see the top three dominated by tripple bunkers every week right :thinking:

just to make it clear, because I know sarcasm doesnt always break language bnarriers: the one key difference between the magmas and the bunker shell you convieniently left out of your little analysis was the energy cost.

Buff platinium plate at once.

YOU GOT THE WRONG IDEA

Buff protectors at twice.

“Skilled and honorable players” consider your idea bullshit

Buff monkey serie torsos at thrice.

buff Canopy at fourth