What this game turned into

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I think that’s the point everyone else has made. Numbers don’t lie. No matter how far you take them out of context or twist them, no matter how many times you copy/paste them, they still won’t lie for you. The numbers tell a story, but its not the story you propose.

1. Your example using blue shirts: You are comparing something with an even distribution randomness (colour of shirt) to something with an UNeven distribution (strength of energy vs physical)
  • ergo your example is invalid.
  1. You claim haze is “a normal player”. and I am “an OP player”. First of all, thank you for calling me OP. But why am I OP? Because I am playing Physical.

2. Your example about getting top 3. You are saying an energy player who doesnt use EMP is able to get top 3, while an energy player who uses EMP is not able to get top 3. So by your reason, EMP is weak, and so EMP MUST be buffed.

Hahaha it is the “story” of facts (100% true facts and numbers) …

Here the facts and numbers … all intelligent ones can see and read out of these numbers, that EMP …

is still a very very strong weapon (even after the needed Nerf) …

Haze42o5 beat WIwG (last week Single winner) twice with his 2 mechs …

1292 HP Energy EMP mech vs 2626 HP with 660 Energy (without Arena Bonus :exclamation:) :exclamation:
1591 HP Energy EMP mech vs 2157 HP with 564 Energy (without Arena Bonus :exclamation:) :exclamation:

Numbers do not lie :exclamation:

You want to see the video about :question:

I think that’s the point everyone else has made. Numbers don’t lie. No matter how far you take them out of context or twist them, no matter how many times you copy/paste them, they still won’t lie for you. The numbers tell a story, but its not the story you propose.

“In fact (@bestof), it wasn’t because I cannot handle emp mechs that I lost to haze, it was because I did not expect to meet an energy builder, much less an emp mech in my last 20 minutes of tourney, especially after the emp nerf.”

Yes bestof, please show the video. It just shows EMP must be buffed the more you use my loss against haze.

I just fought a hi energy phys with bunkers cobra and face shocker . I had over 2000 hp and a physical protected r plate and lost . There is no way to drain him unless I drop my bull dog for a single use emp . That will give me three si gle use items on one mech. The ridiculous propaganda spread about emp can stop. The nerf has happened . Energy sucks now.

Seems a lot here need to learn how mech building works :exclamation:

Using the EMP can make your mech stronger, but it also can make your mech weaker :exclamation:

To build a very strong mech needs a lot of knowledge and some details are important :exclamation:

But all that does not change that the EMP …

• needed a Nerf

• developers did the right thing

• a single item can never be used to balance the whole game

• is still a very very strong weapon

:white_check_mark:

:+1:t3:

:wink:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Which top player do you like watching the most?

As long as the inequality between the myth plates and HP’s epic plates exists, I cannot issue any value judgment …

Heat is weak? Give 4 platinum to Rovolution and eat the game!

Energy is weak now? Give also 4 platinum to Haze0 and I’m sure he’ll scrub a lot!

Phys dominate? Remove 2 platinum from phys and you will see that they are not so strong. WelcometoptheList haven´t platinum, and I don´t see him as such a dominant phys these days.

So, as long as this inequality is not corrected, it´s very difficult to know if the game is balanced or not.

Therefore I think that asking for the nerf of any item, as things are, is at least a very partial and interested position. And one should be very careful when asking for nerfing any item.

“Using the EMP can make your mech stronger, but it also can make your mech weaker :exclamation:

• Generic statement

“To build a very strong mech needs a lot of knowledge and some details are important :exclamation:

• Generic statement

“But all that does not change that the EMP …
needed a Nerf
developers did the right thing
a single item can never be used to balance the whole game”

• we’re talking about new EMP, not old EMP

“is still a very very strong weapon”

• Energy without EMP can make top 3, Energy with EMP cannot make top 3. ZERO energy with emp are in top 10. So EMP must be buffed.

Anyway back to the topic.

Actually that is very true. We should see how each performs with the same number of plat plates.

very funny rant from you …

• because building mechs is such a difficult task in life (maybe in yours) … :rofl:

• because I build so bad mechs, I was able to win most of ALL players and of ALL time in SuperMechs … :rofl:

• I must be hyper intelligent winning most of ALL players and of ALL time in SuperMechs as “easily one of the worst mech builders” … :rofl:

You made my day :exclamation:

:rofl:

Which top player do you like watching the most?

Its called having a bank account …

Se77en has been and continues to be one of the most original builders. I always look at their mechs. He´s very clever to build!

I remember that at previous version Se77en saved my life when he started using the legendary shotgun (the one that took 2 places away). He was the first one who did it and changed the whole game. Then all the top players started using the legendary shotgun.

Since then, I have great respect to se77en as a builder.

Again you draw conclusions from very very less % to all others.
Every scientist can tell you, that this is totally wrong :exclamation:

Top10 players are less than 0.2 % from ALL players :exclamation:

Just a fact, if you like it or not :exclamation:

“Oh watch not one player in Top10 use Purifier … Purifier needs a BUFF :exclamation:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey guys,
What about to make a :beer::beers: beer-o-banana :banana::banana: party to put some smile on our lovely ape face? :monkey_face::sweat_smile:

Agreed! I have watched @Se77en for months now, studying his builds and his tactics. He has also been kind enough to help me.

It was heartbreaking to see him go from 3 energy mechs, to two and now only one. He knows energy builds as well or better than anyone. He obviously also knows that you can’t be in top ranks any longer if you rely on energy mechs.

What happens is that it also depends on the players scales of values.

I’m not saying that everyone doesn´t like the TOP, at least a couple of times. But I’m sure there are people who like to build or make mechs to go out to “hunt” rather than winning weekly tournaments.

I have seen players vary so much their constructions, that I am sure that they enjoy more to play with varied mechs and to try new things, than to win the whole world.

How about a system of type advantage like in rock-paper-scissors as the game should be?

Something like:
Energy weapons gain 30% bonus on electrical damage against mechs wielding mostly physical weapons.
Physical weapons gain 30% bonus on physical damage against mechs wielding mostly heat weapons.
Heat weapons gain 30% bonus on explosive damage against mechs wielding mostly energy weapons.

However the system is restricted to 2 vs. 2 fights.
There would be 2 more rules for the bonus damage application:
1.) A player can only gain the bonus damage for the types his own 2 mechs are counted as.
2.) Also the damage bonus against a certain type will not apply in a 2 vs. 2 fight for player A if the opponent (player B) uses that type of mech in the fight himself/herself, too.

E.g.:
1.) A player using 2 physical mechs can only gain the bonus of physical against heat. Even if he equips an energy weapon or a heat weapon on his mech like a Magma Blast he will not gain bonus damage with that Magma Blast against energy mechs because he does not use a heat mech.

2.) A player using 2 physical mechs will gain damage bonus against heat mechs if the opponont uses 2 heat mechs or 1 heat mech and 1 energy mech in the battle.
But the dual physical user will not gain the bonus damage against heat mechs if the opponent uses 1 heat mech and 1 physical mech.

The specification of what mech type a mech will be counted as will depend on the weapons wielded by the mech.
If equal amounts of more than 1 type of weapon are used then the combined damage of those types will determine the mech type.
E.g.: 2 Spartan Carnage + 2 Magma Blasts would be a physical mech as Spartan Carnage can be shot 3 times each and therefore the total damage possible from 2 Spartans is far higher than the the possible damage from 2 Magma Blasts with only 1 use each.
Furthermore only weapons with serious damage will be counted. So trying to fake the type by for example equipping 2 Repulsors will not work.

This kind of approach would force players to think twice about going for one type only.
Also it would introduce another type of strategy to the game as players would have to think about which types to deploy.

Btw. I know that any person hell-bent on only using their one beloved type because they have two currently OP setups for that type will complain that this idea cannot be allowed as it would force him/her to build mechs with other types than his/her preferred type (while most likely the true reason for their complaints will be that this idea would destroy their current OP setup).

But I made this suggestion anyway as this type of approach will partially negate any OP-ness for any type as you’d be at risk of granting the opponent the type advantage against you.
So practically meaning that even if 1 type is OP having the other types would still be neccessary and hence players would either have 2 or 3 different types of mechs in their 3 mechs for PvP to avoid being disadvantaged.

So it’s ok for you to use a top 3 example, but not ok for me to. Talk about equality :smiley:

And purifier could be buffed :slight_smile:
Was considering using it in my build the other day, but perhaps if it had maybe 20 more net damage, I would have equipped it.

Maybe I should just equip it anyway and see if I get more wins or losses. Since my wins/losses are the ultimate 100% foolproof way of telling if an item needs a buff or nerf. That way we can see if purifier should be buffed. What do you think?