Tips at the bottom of the Arena search

What do they mean with this one?

05 PM

If I’m not mistaken they mean the heat, energy and health pick ups.

Since more heat/cooling can save you from shutdowns/overheat. Same for Energy, and HP can really turn a tide (obviously.)

Ohhhhh, in campaign…

Well isn’t that such a great tip when it appears in the arena.

Well, notice how it says mission base? there’s none of them in pvp. Although going by my logic, you could probably count those packs near the towers in campaign “bases”.

55 PM

I did not know that… Is that why if you use valiant sniper against someone already energy broken, you get like 350+ damage?

Because of the additional 189 damage?

Yep, if I’m not mistaken, that energy drain is counted on top of the normal damage (so whatever VS’s max dmg is + 189).

It’s like this for every energy mechs. A bit unfair imo but eh.

Holy… I honestly didn’t know that.

These tips are actually teaching me something

I’m surprised you didn’t already know that. I learned it the hard way (IE getting destroyed and checking stats and making sense of them).

I thought that all had to do with Resistance and what not

Nah, resistance, imo doesn’t really matter when it’s energy.

I noticed from watching my own fights and others against energy, that even with 30-60+ resist (or 81). The amount of drain + max dmg of an energy weapon will compensate for the lost damage because of resistance.

In short it basically ignores resistance, or at least looks like it does to me.

I know I’m not right, but energy just doesn’t care for resistance like phys/heat do. It’s strange to me.

So do you know what 1 Resistance is in ratio to HP or does it work in a different way?

I don’t exactly know the math behind it. But I feel like energy works in a slightly different way.

Although I’m not who you’d want to ask in detail about that. Try some mods/top players about this. I feel like someone who plays energy, understands it better than a phys/heat player would. lol

Hmm… I might try the maths myself but really, I can’t be bothered

Same here, I’ve long wanted to see the statistics behind how this game works (PVP fights wise). But eh, dunno where to start with it.