Around 3 weeks ago, I created a topic called “Thoughts on Heat mechs”. In the topic, I brought up what is wrong with heat mechs, in that they are falling behind the meta, quickly becoming the weakest type in the arena. I then put a poll about whether they should be buffed or not, in which about 2 thirds of the voters votted to buff, while the others voted against a buff.
When I asked for the opinions of those in favor of no buff, the main reasons were because damage heats are quite the contenders, in which a couple specific builds fit:
Rocket king, with reckoning, magmas, desolation, supreme cannon
Or A triple magma build with either reckoning, desolation, or supreme cannon.
These two builds are obviously very strong builds that need no buffing. However, what about the mass heaters? Sorrow, cl, savagery, swoop, vandal, nemo, and more. Based off the first topic I can conclude that nobody seems to think that mass heaters are fine as they are.
To note, heat just received a small weight reduction. Rocket weapons just received around a 4 weight decrease, so they are officially balanced and have no need for change.
So, for this topic, I will make a series of polls based off mass heaters and what should be done with them.
Should Mass Heater weapons and build types be buffed or stay the same?
Those who voted nothing should not participate in the next, coming polls.
Is the main problem for mass heaters that it is too easy for opponents to get high heat, that the weapons do not cause enough heat to the victim, the mass heating weapons do not do enough damage, or that they lack other, special stats, such as the one energy has with its bonus damage.
- Opponents can have high heat too easily
- Mass heat Weapons generate enough heat to the victim
- Mass heat Weapons dont do enough damage
- Lack of special stats
- The second option called “Mass heat weapons generate enough heat to the victim” should actually be “Mass heat weapons DO NOT generate enough heat to the victim.”
What would your top 3 best solutions to the Mass Heat problem?
- Increase heat generated by mass heat weapons by a certain, balanced percentage.
- Increase damage done by mass heat weapons by a certain, balanced percentage.
- Decrease the amount of heat in all torsos by a certain, balanced percentage.
- Decrease the amount of heat in all modules by a certain, balanced percentage.
- Make heat modules heavier.
- Add more shield drain to mass heat weapons.
- Add more cap drain to mass heat weapons.
- Add cooling damage to certain mass heat weapons.
- Decrease the heat cost of mass heat weapons.
- Add more, non-premium but useful items that consist of ranges 1-2 and 2-4.
Thanks for participating in this topic. Depending on the results, I may contact Sarah, make a third part, or discontinue this theme.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT MAKE OR START ANY ARGUMENTS, FLAME WARS, ACCUSATIONS, AND RIVALRIES. ANY AND ALL ISSUES WILL BE KEPT TO YOURSELF, ALONG WITH OFF-TOPIC COMMENTS. ADDITIONALLY, JUST BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH SOMEBODY DOES NOT MEAN YOU MUST FIGHT OR INSULT. STATE YOUR OPINION AND DISCUSS, BUT NO INSULTS OR DEGRADING BEHAVIORS.
Its a little sad that warning like that are necessary nowadays but they are.