Here is the crux of the problem…
The Claw is basically the poor man’s Platinum Plates
- If you nerf the Claw, you will significantly handicap F2P players
- We can talk all sorts of nerfs all day long, but if it does get nerfed, you need to give F2P players, a compensatory buff
- Nerf the claw as you suggest
- Give a compensatory increase to Iron Plating. Basically allowing it to go up to Legendary level.
Current Iron Plating goes up to +145 HP Max Epic
Allow it to go up to +180-190HP Max Legendary
This is still nowhere close to Plat Plates (+315 HP), but makes up for the weakening of the Claw, and allows more players to stay competitive
I’m not sure of the stats, but I would believe the bulk of income comes from a large majority of players paying small amounts each, rather than a few spending crazy amounts (though I’m sure that helps)
The better business model, and enjoyable and balanced game, comes from many players feeling like they have a chance. Making it too difficult to compete turns a lot of players away (I know it would for me, and I pay a small amount each month)
I do believe this is the best solution. There are some other potential nerfs to the claw (eg. Maxing charge and teleport to 4) but as stated in the Weight and Strategy thread, movement has to become a bigger factor first.
- Nerf the Claw only
- Buff the Iron Plates only
- Nerf the Claw and Buff Iron Plates
- Other (and explain)