SuperMechs Sandbox

It’s about time I released a sprite onto this thread so here’s another torso…

Direwolf

Inspired by and based off of @OHMssssGamer’s ‘Armor Wolf’ design

Obviously it’s quite a bit smaller than his version, reason being is that scaling up or down raster graphics doesn’t really work too well so I didn’t, with that being said however I did compare this with the in game torsos and it looks to scale rather well. Also didn’t use all of the same parts as he did, wasn’t what I decided just that improvisation and experimentation lead me to do that.

I will most likely make some more changes and tweaks to the sprite to improve it but for now I just wanted to showcase it in it’s current state.

Leg placement test

This is more or less how the leg placement would work on this torso, just a test.

17 Likes

where is Kirito? ? ?

7 Likes

Thank You :joy_cat::+1:

6 Likes

While in the process of making the Direwolf torso I managed to make another sprite out of the several reserve chunks of pixels I had spliced together to make it, so… I guess today is going to be a double upload.

The Elephant’s Foot

This monstrous leg sprite aptly named ‘The Elephant’s Foot’ looks more like a bunch of metal had conglomerated into a single mass instead of something that was systematically designed. A pair of these could potentially crush small mechs hydraulic press style while severely damaging bigger foes, though, your mech will want to become more of a static turret than a mobile vessel with these on. It’s not pretty, it’s not elegant but it gets the job done and with optimal brutality!

Perks

• Is not affected by knockback or pull
  • Unique ‘Crush’ finish move
  • Can easily support large torsos such as the USA Mk.I and the Armoured Carapace Mk.II
  • Makes a cool sound effect when it makes a step

Drawbacks

• Extreme weight limits movement speed, resulting in longer walk animations and loss of mobility
  • Requires a torso with a wide leg track¹ or with track extenders

Boss Example

Imagine seeing this your first time finishing the campaign… (with weapons)

43 Likes

Omg

8 Likes

:trophy::smile_cat::+1:

5 Likes

im workin on something here, this is the drawn draft.
what do yall think?
should it be energy, kinetic, or heat?

12 Likes

alright, i have the lines, all i need is to clean it up, and start colouring it the default grey

8 Likes

Unsure to what this is supposed to be…

8 Likes

Looks like the top of a burning building. :wink:

9 Likes

:expressionless:
it was a laser cannon

6 Likes

I see now, the portrait mode of the photo confused me at first

7 Likes

Lol

6 Likes

anyone got a custom sprite sheet for making mech weps and bodies? i need one for my [REDACTED TO PROTECT FROM SPOILERS] mech im conceiving.
it an be very simple, just base body shapes and little light strips and whatnot, but i cant do it without it

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

This time I’m not here to release a single sprite remix; no, this time I have something much better… What I have made is a zip file containing a series of sprite sheets which include the sprites from the base game and the remixes that some of us players have made ourselves. I present to you the first public release of the SM Community’s Sprite Sheet Archive!

Download Link - Release 1.0

This link will also be added into the first post and will be updated when needed.

8 Likes

svg or png?
##########

6 Likes

These are only in png format.

5 Likes

I have svg if u need.

5 Likes

The problem with svg is that they can only be extracted using Adobe Flash, whenever I try to convert them into a png format using any other program the detail lines get deleted and replaced with these transparent mark across the sprite.

5 Likes

You can edit it in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator

5 Likes