Robin Hood strikes again

I hope you didn’t think a new forum would get rid of me so easily.

Oh no. No no no no no. It’s nearly April 1st, and I’m not missing a beat. I started this in 2004, people. That’s right, I’ve been around for 13 years. I survived one forum overhaul. This is NOTHING.

Anyway.

So I perused the ol’ Spam section for a bit, and what do I see? “Mafia vs Town.” Looks strangely familiar to ye old WKRH (Who Killed Robin Hood), a game I blessed Spam with years ago. What happened to it? Was it replaced with this FARCE?

Well… that just won’t do. Looks like I need a new and improved game.

Introducing:

Who Killed Robin Hood?
THE STORY
It was a cold, blustery winter night in Nottingham. King Richard and his guards were up late in the castle, discussing battle plans for the war vs France. In town, all of the peasants were tucked away in their beds, sound asleep as the blizzard winds whistled through the cracks in the windows and door frames.

None of them heard the screams.

While performing his usual rounds, Friar Tuck came upon Robin’s corpse. He quickly rounded up the townsfolk, and began his investigation!
HOW TO PLAY
In this game, the objective is to plead to Friar Tuck and convince him that you did not kill Robin Hood, while simultaneously pointing a finger at someone else.

First things first, Friar Tuck will lay out the gruesome murder scene. Was Robin Hood stabbed? Skewered by his own arrow? Beheaded? Dragged through town and hung up in the town center for all to see? We leave this up to Friar Tuck’s imagination.
Note: Friar Tuck will be played by the person who starts the game. You know, the guy who sets up registration and hands out the roles. Duh.

Speaking of roles!

You are divided into two teams; for lack of better names, it’s the “good guys” vs the “bad guys.” You will be given a specific role (see below.)

After Friar Tuck sets the scene, he will designate your “opponent” at random. For example, Maid Marion vs Angry Townsperson. The purpose of having an “opponent” is that you MUST use that person in your story to convince Friar Tuck that you are innocent.

Thus begins your pleading. You must type out a story that will convince Friar Tuck you are innocent, as well as how/why your chosen opponent is guilty. Make your story convincing. Funny. Clever. Whimsical. Here is the grading scale (maximums) from Friar Tuck:

GOOD DEFENSE: 10 pts (Do not leave holes in your story. Friar Tuck WILL try to look for holes in your story, no matter how ridiculous they are, and take off points!)
GOOD OFFENSE: 10pts (Same as above. Lay the blame thick, and have proof!)
CHARACTER ROLE PLAY: 10 pts (If you are a badass Maid Marion, type like one. If you are the Maid Marion who was desperately in love with Robin Hood and is having a hard time in this investigation due to not having any time at all to grieve, then make Friar Tuck believe it!
OVERALL HUMOR: 10pts (This is Spam, after all.)
OVERALL CREATIVITY: 20pts (Be clever, and witty. Be outrageous in your story.)

By absolutely NO means does your story have to match up with anyone else on your team, or your opponents. In fact, DON’T READ THEIR SUBMISSIONS. Your story will be graded entirely on it’s own, as if you are the only one speaking.

Also… be nice to Friar Tuck. He’s going to give you a score, and someone is inevitably going to get upset about their score. Guess what? Nobody cares. We’re here to have some fun writing ridiculous stories about the death of Robin Hood, that’s what really matters.

ROLES
Friar Tuck: The head honcho who came upon the dead body of Robin Hood.

Good guys…
Will Scarlet: Friend and left hand man of Robin Hood. Terrible with bows, great with knives.
Little John: Friend and right hand man of Robin Hood. Not terribly intelligent. Really strong, though.
Merry Man: One of Robin’s Merry Men in tights.
Maid Marion: Robin’s secret lover.

Bad guys…
Sheriff of Nottingham: Tax collector. Known to absolutely despise Robin Hood.
Prince John: Future king, but not yet. One of the members of the King’s court.
Angry Townsperson: Nottingham’s angriest member. Generally in trouble, picks fights with Merry Men.
Prioress of Kirklees: Robin Hood’s wealthy cousin visiting from out of town. Hates the Merry Men and what they stand for.
MORE ON HOW TO PLAY
What you know so far:

1. Friar Tuck divvies out roles, sets the murder scene, and chooses opponents.
  2. Everyone submits their argument within the allotted time limit (a week maybe?)
  3. Friar Tuck scores all submissions.

After all the scores have been tallied, a winning team is decided! However, plot twist… the winning team is the team that most likely has the murderer!
NOTE: That’s okay. In this game, you kinda WANT to be the murderer. It’s how you win.

Once the “winning” team is decided, we move into round two… and repeat the process.

1. Friar Tuck chooses opponents within the winning team (ex: Will Scarlet vs Little John, Merry Man vs Maid Marion.)
  2. Those four submit their argument.
    NOTE: THIS IS A NEW STORY. Forget EVERYTHING you said in your last submission. Treat this as a whole new thing, right from the very beginning.
  3. Friar Tuck scores all submissions.

Tally scores, winners move on to the final round.

1. Friar Tuck announces the “winners.”
  2. Those two face off head-to-head in a creative story write-off!
  3. Friar Tuck scores them
  4. Friar Tuck announces “winner.” Congratulations on having the best story, you’re the MURDERER!!

…and that’s it. Even if you didn’t “win,” hopefully you made it to the winning team!
MORE NOTES
Now, I know I’m going to get some hate for the first round. “But Robin Hood, if I had the absolute best submission out of everyone, but since my team didn’t win overall, that means I didn’t get to the second round! How is that fair?” Truthfully? It’s not! It’s for flavor. You know, good guys vs bad guys! Then, when one side is deemed the murderous group, they have to figure out amongst themselves who is the murderer. It’s for the story, I don’t really care that much for “fair.” Just have fun with it!

Good luck guys. XD

Robin i love you bb :wink:

ROBIN! Oh dear, now this is exciting!

I thought Robin Hood died already :joy: ( not that I wanted him to be dead )

SLOWLY BUT SURELY, I’LL REVERSE THE ORDER OF THE SPAM CATEGORY!!!

I’ll not lose hope!