Questions about the competitivity in arena - LG

Hi everybody,

Earlier i was battling in arena with my good and old friend, @Rovolution, a.k.a. big D for the friends.
He is an old shcool player, he is in for the competiton and interesting battles as well as building best possible mechs.

He said “i dont take pleasure anymore”. Saddly, its not about items or development course of the game. It is about the content of the battles.

In 1v1, 80% of the battles are against counter users. The other 20% are too short to be interesting, 5 or 6 turns makes it almost only depending on rng when you encounter a rounded user.
In 2v2, with its selection screen, you end up gambling before even the battle starts (for the majority of the players), also heaviely filled with counters. I believe close to 90% of the players use 1 at least in this format.
In 3v3, battles are longer and mechanicaly give more space for strategy. It is much more risky to use counters in that format, so their population is way lower in this format. Thats by far the most interesting.

End of the day, save for the 3v3 format, there is no incentives to build and use nice mechs. There is no incentives to apply a better strategy during the battle.

Supermechs is supposed to be a competitive game, where people enjoy building nicely in their workshop, where people enjoy a good battle using that build. Its rarely the case.

So my question is, @Sarah247, @Mohadib, @SilverBox, how does the team view this? There is almost no more incentives to build nicely. No more incentives to play nicely. For me there is no more pleasure playing arena out of the 3v3 season.

Id be delighted to have an insider point of view on this.

Thanks in advance, Lg

29 Likes

Devs better do something about this. we don’t want another good, high-profile player leaving

1 Like

Yeah, in legacy the torsos/modules meant you had about 20 times most weapons’ damage, which meant fights lasted longer and had more strategy instead of just double valiant, dead next turn. Now, you have about 4.

1 Like

Legacy didn’t have this problem, and I believe there to be a few reasons why.

1. Torso and module given resistances couldn’t total more than about 30% of a weapons average damage, whereas nowadays it can near up to 70% in some cases.

2. You couldn’t afford to not use a multi resistance module anyways, since you only had 6 module slots and had to dedicate some to stats and ammunition.

3. You could choose which format to play (1v1, 2v2, 3v3) and your mech order in workshop was what it was in the battle, no choosing while viewing other players mechs.

You either have to choose a meta with all roundeds or all counters, I don’t believe there to be a balance.

3 Likes

I agree with this. You can’t even try out new builds without getting destroyed by a counter or a double frantic user. Sadly because of this I’m forced to use a counter as well to not instantly lose against anything.

1 Like

balance patch where are you hidding? If seriously same thinks… outside 3vs3 pure hell of counters and other shit.

9 Likes

Fully agree with all of this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

1v1 season is great because it allows weaker players to put all their gold stuff in one mech.

5 Likes

Yeah but the amount of double frantics and counters is annoying. 2v2 and 3v3 seasons at least force players to use roundeds

Thanks for confirming.

2 Likes

yes that is true, but also you find different builds, also not all counters or frantics are unbeatable. imagine if season was 2v2 and 3v3 only, you will already know the stats of the enemy mech because you faced him so many times. and not everyone can change builds in 2v2 and 3v3

1 Like

They are beatable but only if you use a counter yourself. Using a rounded will net you only losses.

2 Likes

sometimes heat can beat counter mechs

1 Like

Heat counters? Yeah, no.

2 Likes

Some dev better fucking do something about it, It’s becoming to the point this forum has no reason.

1 Like

I appreciate the good words my old friend!
It’s no secret I play a lot less lately… only enough to help my clan!

I haven’t « invested » money in it for a long while now! Of course the present world crisis has changed priorities and routine in the past weeks but I still need my brain to be entertained and sadly this game gets boring… the spark is fading!

What’s even sadder is that in my mind it wouldn’t need big complicated changes… just a damn good rebalance… cutting every damage of every weapon by at least 10%… nerfing/buffing many items… and many other simple stuff to modify ( not add)… everything is there, just tweak the hell out of it!
But you get news from the Developers once per full moon when lucky… Which is also part of the problem… in my opinion!

Alt account used to hunt is also a problem, but that’s another fight…

7 Likes

“nice mechs”

rich coming from someone that uses 3 of the same mech just about every 3v3 season

5 Likes

that almost all parts are premium

1 Like

Yes, you guys definitely get the point, I am very glad we have such clever people in our community, thank you for your valued input.

7 Likes

great strategy building 3 of the same mech then

1 Like