Earlier i was battling in arena with my good and old friend, @Rovolution, a.k.a. big D for the friends.
He is an old shcool player, he is in for the competiton and interesting battles as well as building best possible mechs.
He said “i dont take pleasure anymore”. Saddly, its not about items or development course of the game. It is about the content of the battles.
In 1v1, 80% of the battles are against counter users. The other 20% are too short to be interesting, 5 or 6 turns makes it almost only depending on rng when you encounter a rounded user.
In 2v2, with its selection screen, you end up gambling before even the battle starts (for the majority of the players), also heaviely filled with counters. I believe close to 90% of the players use 1 at least in this format.
In 3v3, battles are longer and mechanicaly give more space for strategy. It is much more risky to use counters in that format, so their population is way lower in this format. Thats by far the most interesting.
End of the day, save for the 3v3 format, there is no incentives to build and use nice mechs. There is no incentives to apply a better strategy during the battle.
Supermechs is supposed to be a competitive game, where people enjoy building nicely in their workshop, where people enjoy a good battle using that build. Its rarely the case.
So my question is, @Sarah247, @Mohadib, @SilverBox, how does the team view this? There is almost no more incentives to build nicely. No more incentives to play nicely. For me there is no more pleasure playing arena out of the 3v3 season.
Id be delighted to have an insider point of view on this.
Thanks in advance, Lg