Q&A with our Game Designer #SMreloaded

@Mohadib It means that we just need to increase our inventory for the new items we receive not for the old ones right ?

2 Likes

The update sounds really awesome but sadly if it was released before June this year I would play the game 24/7. Now in mid august I will have high school and it’s serious. I guess I can only play for a day on this new update :c

3 Likes

Nope, it means you have to use them items so that you create space for the new items, and after a period of time, the grace period, if you still have them, you have to increase to get new items, otherwise it will be full, and you will miss on the new items

3 Likes

From what I gather, you’re inventory will essentially be 3000/30 (or whatever the new max inventory limit is). You’ll be stuck with the item hoard you’ve made and as consequence, you won’t be able to get any new items (you won’t be able to go to 3001/30). So basically, you’re giving up your ability to gain NEW items in order to keep your hoarded old items that are very very likely obsolete now. And with the new weapon upgrade system, it seems like after a bit of time, you’ll fall behind drastically if you don’t invest some time and effort to get rid of the 3000 items for better purposes

3 Likes

That is a bit unbalanced, because you basicly need to start getting rid of the hoarded items right away.
Without the ability to gain new items, you are stuck with those. You can’t upgrade them, you cant sell them, and u can’t bost other items, cause you can’t get other items.
From what i have understod so far, the hoarded items for the grace periode don’t take up space, so you can use them, otherwise if your are right BadPup(teasing) you lose all the items the moment you start, and that would really be unfair.
After the grace periode they start counting as inventory space, this make more sense to me.

1 Like

It’s not unbalanced, it’s intentional. Essentially they will be sticking existing players in a time warp with their current items, doomed to play with their current inventory forever…not being able to boost…not being able to get new items…it’ll be like Super Mechs Groundhog day…forever!

Joking aside, yeah I’m pretty sure the grace period is meant for us to “unhoard” our inventory and transition to the new game.

2 Likes

During the grace period the inventory limit won’t be in effect at all.

Both @Malicewolf and @El_Metre are right regarding the items, though. getting new items and boosting them will give you much stronger, more effective items than using the older ones. If you have 3000, @Aador, that’s a lot of boosting material… :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mohadib thanks for this Q&A thread, you’ve clarified quite a few issues - there’s a lot to look forward to in the update! Regarding the item specs/progression will you be publishing these in the game itself, as is the case with mythicals? Or will this be left to the player to find out?

Also, what will the SM to Gold coins conversion rate be?

1 Like

Here are a few questions:
Do we keep our tokens?
Will the SM coin currency conversion to Gold coins be 1:1 ?
Will HTK still be HTK (not literally, but figuratively) ?

Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Yes, but not for you Flux…they’re not letting you have any…

2 Likes

Hi @Mohadib I have 5 questions

1. Let’s say a level 1 player has only 10 inventory slots, 2 has 15, 3 has 20. Will a level 30 get a lot of inventory space?
  2. Will the release date be around the 19th of August? Because Mid August (aka 15th/16th) has a weekly tournament going on.
  3. Will leveling up be easy or it will be extremely hard?
  4. In the beta, leveling up an item is easy, will it be that way in the live server too?
  5. There are many players that supported the game by paying for tokens, they should deserve something, f2p players can’t just beat them easily. Maybe Supporter status determines it? (None, Normal, Super, and Ultra)
1 Like

I have a question…
To the game designer…
When will this game be better…

20 character limit…

1 Like

When someone creates a time machine, so we can travel back in time by 5 years.

2 Likes

20.000 for one mythical?

1 Like

Answering @Zarkares :

1. The definition of “A lot” is subjective. I can tell you in the beta tests we ran players didn’t complain about inventory space. Remember the new system favors boosting items rather than collecting them, and there is no point holding on to an item in a lower tier if you have the higher tier version. The higher tier version is always superior (for example, no change in weight).

2. We can’t know in advance the exact date since it’s also depends on Apple and Google to approve the submission. We can’t control how long they will take.

3. Easy at the low levels, harder as you level up.

4. Some of the tests in the betas were about checking balancing of fully boosted items so we made sure leveling up was faster. So no, not as fast as in the beta.

5. There are several mechanics that favor gameplay progress over payment. For example, Mythical items can’t be found in boxes (not even ones for money). You need to get a Legendary item, Max Level it and then transform it to Mythical. We have several other such systems in place where p2w can get you faster to some points in the game but you still need to really play properly to pass them.

Answering @killymachine :

1. Yes.
  2. Obviously not.
  3. Not sure what you refer to regarding HTK. Player’s mechs? Missions mechs?
3 Likes

Cheeky… I wont tell you what I refer to you as HTK now… (common sense)
Да хахахахахаха HTK вверх
lol jk, I refer to HTK the clan still being HardToKill (players being hard to kill)

1 Like

Hello,

So, current Myths are getting useless, only for fusing, the Myht-State is meaningless.
I can fuse old myths into new weapons, but i need tokens (or something i can buy for real money) to get new myths?
When we will see that a items could be a myth?
I guess we have to spend tokens till its legendray to see…

All i see now is we can keep old items for fuse, to rly invole we need to spend buyable tokens…

1 Like

Hi, is this update currently available or not?
thanks

P.S. HTK stands for Hard to know

3 Likes

so 20k credits from our current balance for 1 mythical. What happens if we still have millions of credits were gonna get millions of mythicals

1 Like

Yep fang.

After update with boxes (cost up from 10000 to 80000) many players get millions coins.
I see many screenshot where players have more 400 mil coins.

1 Like