This is just an expansion on Rovolution’s huge thread regarding how Heat is supposed to stop this…
3200 HP, 115 Heat Resist, and 350 Cooling
We see this thing in the Arena, and others very similar (axe instead of sword) and beating it is…
And please no one say, switch to Energy or Phys because the way the Arena Shop is set up, that would take months to build your Arena Bonuses up to do that
As always, Suggestions:
Heat Version of Terror Cry/Last Words (E-M)
HEAT TERROR CRY (63) 2-4 Range 185-285 ElDmg 95 HtDmg-13 Cooling 1 Push 3 Uses(16/47 Cost) - (Inverse of Last Words)
- The combination of Heat and Cooling Damage (which is not available from Terror Cry), along with the Push, is critical for getting the Seraphs away from you, while maintaining momentum towards Overheats
- This would be E-M and reasonably accessible to most players (unlike Abomination which would help but no one can get)
New Boiler Weapon similar to Valiant Sniper (L)
BOILER WEAPON (L)(51) 3-6 Range 135-196 ExDmg 142 HtDmg -17 ExRes -13 Cooling 2Use (0/31 Cost)
- Very similar but with Range 3-6. Picture either a Heat Ray or Long Distance Flamethrower (nice little graphic would have the opponent glow red like the Flaming Hammer does)
- pairs well with Vandal Rage. Nice setup weapon for later on.
Drop Weight of Heat Drones
When comparing weight of all the similar drones Heat gets the short end of the stick.
- They already do only 75% of the Energy/Heat Damage that Energy does, yet they are on average 13-15kg heavier (double penalty)
- Comparable Heat and Energy Weapon weights are not overly different (in fact, with a few exceptions, they’re mostly within 5kg), so it seems the Drone Weight differences are fairly arbitrary and perhaps a relic of days gone by
With that said, Heat Drone weight should drop by 10-12kg
- This will free up some weight for additional or better modules, which heat really needs
Buff Heat Damage
When examining comparable Phys weapons, they do about 16.5% more Phys damage than Energy does Electrical and Heat does Explosive. Electrical and Explosive damage is roughly equal.
- the Idea is this, in HEAT vs PHYS, Heat makes up for the 16.5% Damage deficit, by cancelling out action points. If they can cancel 1 out of every 6 action points, they theoretically break even (that’s one Overheat every 2 turns (3AP/turn including drones))
- Now in SuperMechs pre-Reloaded, this may have worked. However, with the 800 Heat Caps and 350 Cooling Phys Mechs seen in high ranks in Reloaded, this is a MAJOR PROBLEM! Heat Mechs simply cannot generate enough Heat to take advantage of their Mechanic.
With that said, Heat Damage should increase by 16.5%
- Damage-oriented builds get a small but much needed boost in terms of slightly more chance to get that precious Overheat
- Boiler builds have long been dead at top levels but this might see them come back
- Energy damage is already 33% greater than Heat damage, so even with 16.5% buff, they will retain their advantage, they might just need an extra heat module (likewise so will Phys, so it kinda balances out with more rounded Mechs in the process )
New Weapon - Heat Mines (E-M)
A while ago, SuperMechs had Platforms (game spaces that boosted a Mech)…
They fell out of favor, but the idea is to create a new side weapon that drops mines (just alter the animation a bit). When the enemy (and only the enemy) steps on or walks over the mine, they take Explosive and Heat Damage.
HEAT MINE (L) (21) 1 Range 121-176 ExDmg 158 HtDmg -22 ExRes -17 Cooling 1Use (0/31 Cost)
- Mine is deployed in space in front of Mech (can’t be occupied at the time)
- Walking, Charging or Being Dragged over will set off the mine (Hits enemy only)
- Pairs well with Hooks and Pull weapons, deterrent to Melee
- Damage in same ballpark as Valiant Sniper, with less ExDmg, and more HtDmg, ExRes and Cooling Dmg
Anyways, there’s a few ideas to buffing Heat, which is very much needed. Which of these do you think would be helpful in restoring balance?
- Adding in a Heat Version of Terror Cry / Last Words
- Adding in a new 3-6 Range Boiler Weapon
- Reducing Heat Item Weights, Drones especially
- Buffing Heat Damage of All Heat Weapons by about 16.5%
- Adding in a new Heat Mine Weapon
- I have other ideas (please explain)
- Heat does not need a buff