I bought the $99 plat plate + 6.5k token offer. And since then I’ve been thinking about that number. $99. That’s about £75 give or take. It’s easy to see those numbers and have no real grasp of hem sometimes. For context:
- a brand new release of an ultra popular game such as COD or battlefield will cost me $40-60 lump sum one time purchase.
- £75 can get me about 3-4 weeks of food
- £75 can get me a bout a years supply of the hair product I use
- £75 can get at least a 3 years in subscription to an average porn site
- £75 can get me 112 cans of my favourite beer
- £75 can get me entry to a night club 15 times
- £75 can buy me 13 very grood suckie suckies from the good for her age heroin addicted Chinese lady who hangs around the alleyway on the path to Aldi from last years accommodation.
But, I spent it on 1 useful item and tokens which will yield 5-10 more at most in this game. Not even the entire contents of a game. Some items within it.
If the drop rates are here to stay, the only way to make it value for money is to lower token prices.
if You do not spend, would you spend of tokens were cheaper? And if you do spend would you spend more frequently or in a greater amount?
- Unsure (lean yes)
- Unsure (lean no)
By how much would the cost of tokens have to be reduced to encourage this change in spending habits (if applicable)
- 10% cheaper
- 25% cheaper
- 33% cheaper
- 50% cheaper
- 66% cheaper
- 75% cheaper
- 90+% cheaper