Please! Remove the legacy shield from the game!

Corection.
To calculation, since there is a nice legacy shield i forgot about, used wiki(the old one), legacy stuff.
There is a legacy shield there a rare one at 20%, that takes 2 dmg for 3 energy… thus it is better then the one i used, 1 dmg for 2 energy.
But there is also another at Epic, for 25 %, that takes 3 dmg for 5 energy.
So lets use the epic one( this is a gem of a shield).
400 -70 = 330 dmg.
330x 25% =83 dmg.
Drone :
200 -70 = 130.
130 x 25 = 33.
So on a full turn :
83 + 83 + 33 = 199 dmg negated, by shield.
For 330 energy.
Put in the protector : 199 + 210 = 409 dmg negated/ turn.
Basicly that 1 action point gets back in dmg negated after 1 turn.
Defenetly a huge advantage on any build if you ask the numbers.
Talk about sneaky little trick… 409 dmg negated/ turn WoW.

I hope that if the solution to the problem happens through new shields, the legacy will be eliminated anyway.

Because if there are new shields, surely they will be very difficult to obtain. So as long as people can not get them, the problem will continue to persist.

If they will be L-M… for sure they will be like the platplats… those that have… win… those that lack them… lose.
But it will be alot more fair then now.

Exact! It will take you months to acquire one of these and while the owners of legacy will continue to use them.

In any case, although they are somewhat difficult to obtain, at least they exist.

What is happening now is much worse. It has no head, no feet or logic whatsoever

No - they will not :exclamation:
But nice try :exclamation:

:wink:

Thats wrong, you need to research how shields work, also a 25% shield do not work in a Physical mech :exclamation:

TRY at least to stay on facts :exclamation:

Yes i agree. The legacy shields were made with the old stats in mind… where the caps or regen/cooldown were much lower.
While the dmg did increase by 300%.
The regen/cooldown/caps increased by 500%.
Thus leaving room for exploiting this concept.
25% dmg reduction is alot… basicly, it gives you 25% more hp to the build, for the cost of 1 action.
Now 25% out of 2620 hp mechs =3140 hp, basicly 525 hp plate that u stick in the shield slot.
Really unfair advantage.
And this coming from somebody that talks it wants fairness and equality for all… i call that BS.

That is exactly how shield work.
5 energy for evry 3 dmg blocked.
Dont try this BS, i know exactly how it works.
Look at the numbers.
Tell me what shield you use… and i make the numbers.
Rest is just pointless talk.

How about we just introduce new shields (because the slot is still there)?

No you do not, if you talk about a 25% shield at a physical mech, you defently do not know :exclamation:

PossibleCabbage3m
How about we just introduce new shields (because the slot is still there)?

That’s what I said

In short: why are you wearing a legacy shield?

• Because I like the blue color (or red)

• Because I love carrying an extra weight on my mech

• Because with a legacy shield (which most don´t have), I have more chances to win against certain constructions.

Put your hand in your heart and tell the truth … I think option 3 is the right one, isn´t it?

Now, reasoning as a normal person … what would you do if another player uses an item that gives him an extra advantage and you cannot get it in any way? Would you really believe that that is fair?

Good point, guess what a shield do weight … kg … an other disadvantage of using a shield :exclamation:

:+1:t3:

Also as said before …

Shields are very well balanced, nothing wrong with it …

• to use the shield you need a full move, where you could do +400 damage instead
  • you need extra heat and energy to be able to use it (2 modul slots :exclamation: )
  • you can overheat or losing all energy using a shield
  • it weights kg, an other disadvantage to use it

No issue at all :exclamation:

And if you talk about deleting a Legacy item, you need to talk about ALL Legacy items …

1 kg Teleport
2 uses Special Items (Hook, Charge)
push weapons
non energy use drones
etc. etc. etc.

And if according to you, the legacy shield has so many disadvantages … why do you use it then?

Why the “best player” and (in your very words) “a good constructor”, then carries a legacy shield if it has so many disadvantages?

I remember when many players had obtained The Claw and you could not get it. You got very angry, right? And we talked about an item that was available!

Now, put yourself in the shoes of those who have to face you and have no chance of getting one of these legacy shields. Do you think that’s fair? Do you think the battle is fair to your adversary?

50 dmg lol

Legacy item = Legacy item

Why we use weapons :question:

Oh, they do damage :exclamation:

Why we use items from inventory :question:

Oh, it help to build a mech :exclamation:

Why I can’t win a Single Gold Medal :question:

Because I used my shields for the Legacy Converter :exclamation:

This world is so so so unfair :exclamation:

:grin:

I fused mine away lmao

I also fused mine, but not so long ago. I would do it again without a doubt.

I think that shields give an unhealthy advantage and should be removed completely. Most players nowadays don’t have one, and the ones that do get to rule the rest.

Besty is just too self-centered about herself to realize the imbalance shields have caused.

To Besty, I ask you these questions: if you fought someone with a shield while you didn’t have one, what would you feel? And if you say shields aren’t useful, why are you begging to keep yours?

:interrobang:

LOL its the other way around, others begging to delete it :exclamation:

Please do not turn around the facts :exclamation:

Please read this …

Shields are very well balanced, nothing wrong with it …

• to use the shield you need a full move, where you could do +400 damage instead
  • you need extra heat and energy to be able to use it (2 modul slots :exclamation: )
  • you can overheat or losing all energy using a shield
  • it weights kg, an other disadvantage to use it

No issue at all :exclamation:

And if you talk about deleting a Legacy item, you need to talk about ALL Legacy items …

1 kg Teleport
2 uses Special Items (Hook, Charge)
push weapons
non energy use drones
etc. etc. etc.

I actually agree with Besty on this one
She got the shield in Legacy, fair and square, let her keep it

However, do give all new players a chance to get a Reloaded version of the shield… something that works for the new numbers and game mechanics

Problem the Legacy Shields Solved :white_check_mark: :grinning: