Platinum Plating vs Maximum Protector

Which is better? If you could only use one or the other which would you pick?
I have been testing my mech with each and to me they are about the same game effect.
What do you guys think?

2 Likes

If I’m using a heat mech, Maximum Protector.
If I’m using physical, Maximum Protector if I have space, Plating if I don’t.
If I’m using energy, most likely Plating, and use the extra weight for weapons/other items.

2 Likes

And I had these doubts ever since I started playing SM (ok, maybe little later, but still…). And if in the previous version the resistance was key to your survival, especially in the God Mode, now I believe it is not that important. Case study: one of my fights with Welcome Top List. He has like 71 res, I have only 22, but we both run maxxed physicals, based on Annihilations and Nightfalls. But the difference is I pack 2 annihilations, he packs 2 nightfalls. And we started in range 3-4 I believe. So after 1 or 2 salvos I just closed the distance and… The outcome was he could stomp me (less damage as compared to side weapons) and then use the side weapon. Then in my turn I went a full salvo and booom… Welcome down. So the secret is really in the build and not in the resistance. Right now I say plates are more important. Still waiting for my second legendary one!

1 Like

Hi, @ToxicDoll. To supplement my description, watch my recent replay against Welcome Top List. Difference in resistances like 50 points, and yet I win. HP is far more important.

1 Like

best to think of the resistance as 39 protection every time hit so it depends how long a battle lasts.

If you take just 5 hits as they have big weapons you’ve avoided 195 health damage. Therefore it would have been smarter to take the 315HP if those 5 shots kill you. (You’d of taken an extra 195 damage from the lack of resistance but had an extra 120 HP left)

However if you take 8+ shots to kill then the resistance works best. (Shots not turns so that you factor in the drone)

2 Likes

My 2 cents, extra health over resistance every day.

2 Likes

none this game is cancer becuase of these 2 items