New Inversed Item Idea

So, as we all know, there have been some strange weapons in SuperMechs that have strange stats and functions, Two of these being the Hot Flash and the Flaminator. The thing that surprises me about these two weapons is that they don’t only just use/generate the exact opposite resource of the damage they deal, but it’s the fact that they’re the only “Inversed” items that I’ve seen by far.

Since the Hot Flash and Flaminators basically act like Malice Beam and Corrupt Light due to their 4-6 range, so I decided to make my idea into a short range heat/energy bullet weapon.

Item Name
(Heat) Energized Heatwave
(Energy) Heated Atomspark

Ammunition Type
(Both) Bullet

Rarity
(Both) Epic - Mythical (Feel free to calculate its Divine-level stats if you wish to do so)

Statistics
Energized Heatwave

Max Epic
Damage: 25 - 100
Explosive Resist Drain: 4
Heat Damage: 40
Knockback: 2
Range: 1 - 4
Uses: 2
Energy Consumed: 40
Heat Generated: 0

Max Legendary
Damage: 125 - 200
Explosive Resist Drain: 7
Heat Damage: 60
Energy Consumed: 60

Max Mythical
Damage: 225 - 300
Explosive Resist Drain: 12
Heat Damage: 100
Energy Used: 100

Heated Atomspark

Max Epic
Damage: 25 - 100
Energy Resist Drain: 4
Energy Damage: 40
Energy Used: 0
Heat Generated: 40

Max Legendary
Damage: 125 - 200
Energy Resist Drain: 7
Energy Damage: 60
Heat Generated: 60

Max Mythical
Damage: 225 - 300
Energy Resist Drain: 12
Energy Damage: 100
Heat Generated: 100

Yep, I know that these potential shotguns seem like total oddballs when compared to other shotguns like the Recoilers and the Mercies but these shotguns are meant to be similar to the properties owned by the Hot Flash and the Flaminator while not being too overpowered for shotguns. Feel free to leave a comment if you want to rate my shotgun ideas or just want to discuss about any of their stats if you want to help improve their general design. Also, I don’t know how to make physical appearances for them yet so all I can do is just describe the stats that I feel are pretty suitable for Inverse Shotguns.

Concept is fine, although not sure how much demand there is for “inversed weapons.” My thoughts are the above are way too OP, I would drop damage by all of them by at least 100, if not more. Also increase energy required, as these are almost bunkers/magmas with 3x use and no same element required…

I think if one of these shotguns were put in game as is, you’d have all the top ranks running around in Energy Free Armors with all heat capacity and cooling but doing tons of energy damage.

P.S. There is also the Hybrid Energy Cannon and Hybrid Heat Cannon which are the L-M versions of Hot Flash and Flaminator, respectively.

2 Likes

There’s a slight issue with the Hybrids being LM variants of weapons that are already capable of being Legendary and Mythical

Also, should I increase their costs to 150 but leave their damage to the same values? I just think that their damage is on par with the Reckoning/BullDog (182 - 406) and Molten Recoiler/Lightning Recoiler (173 - 350), so decreasing the damage of the Energized Heatwave and Heated Atomspark by 100 would place them at 275 and 260 damage, respectively, and throwing them close to the damage dealt by Hot Flash and Flaminator (148 - 228) while throwing them far behind the damage potentials of the other mythical shotguns.

Scratch that, I realized that my gun’s are too OP not because of the damage on its own, but the fact that they have 1 - 4 range, 3 uses, and have 2 knockback while having that sort of damage… So I nerfed their stats significantly while making their stats identical between the two variants since that’s a common pattern shared between weapon variants.

The damage stats do feel somewhat strange though…

1 Like

Definitely an improvement; I’d still knock off 50 damage or perhaps make uses go down to 2. Also bump the cost to 150; still a little OP but doable

The uses have been reduced to 2 for both variants and their rarities since I don’t think the damage can be reduced any further before the values end up becoming odd.

1 Like