Since you guys aren't going to respond to my topic, let me elaborate on my points on WHY fusion costs shouldn't be a thing, I already posted this on another topic, so I think I'd put it here too.
1) You are already using coins as a method to obtain items that can be used for fusion. Why should you pay again to fuse them away? Sure you can grind for items too, but at the end of the day, they all have inherent costs, because they will either cost you time, or coins.
2) Transformation costs are already VERY expensive, ESPECIALLY when you think about what it takes to get a single Mythical item. (100k coins + 5 (!) Legendary items. You can't get these from non-premium boxes, which means you have to fuse and transform to get even 1 Legendary, if you are a non-payer. See point 1.)
3) Power drain. Fusing your maxed (or highly powered) item into a new item won't transfer over much of the power already invested in that item.
4) The need to adapt to the metagame, plus the item limit, means you will end up fusing your current items to another item, should you feel that other item is better. (See all 3 previous points.)
5) Some veteran players have 8000+ items. One of your main points of the update is to allow old players to "Fuse away all their old items into the new items!", something they can't do without... what... 100 million coins? Due to the silly fusion cost. Not only have they lost all their progress (and money) in building their previous mechs, they now can't even fuse them away in the grace period as you guys intended, without coughing up thousands of dollars.
Perhaps now you see why many players are upset. I believe point 2 alone should justify the removal of fusion costs.
Please respond to the topic, I am willing to discuss and further elaborate these points. I do feel like they are very clear at this point.