Meagre Rewards for PVP and Possible solution for a better PVP experience

EDIT: Just to get things straight for whoever’s reading this. I’m not saying that players who quit should be penalised or anything - quite the opposite. I’ve beaten many opponents but I’ve also been beaten many times. It took me a lot of effort to get in the top ranks in this game and I know how annoying it is when you keep coming up against that OP mech you clearly can’t beat. I also understand that there’s plenty of other issues with the update that probably rank higher on the list of grievances. I’m just saying that this is one of those issues that in my opinion, should be addressed.

It’s bad enough that everything’s more expensive now and that campaign and pvp rewards are crap. I get that this is some misguided attempt at rewarding players for actually fighting, but it’s backfiring big time.

I’ve spent actual time and money on getting my new mech where it is only to be penalized because 9 times out of 10 my opponent quits on me first round. Really guys (THE DEVS, NOT YOU THE PLAYER WHO IS READING THIS)? You’d deny someone a 1700 gold reward?

dunno. While I still had will to play after update (currently my disgust is so high I don’t even log in to collect basic daily bonus, not to speak about daily missions), when encountering opponent that would curb stomp me anyway, I would just come close to him and stand still so he kills me faster. That way I would still get some gold for defeat (as opposed to getting nothing for quitting).

If they quit, they are punishing themselves - still, if they quit and you don’t get any reward, it must be a bug

Why give gold to cheaters ? Quit on them and let them steal it somewhere else.

Are you calling me a cheater?

so many salty kids calling hacks because they havent worked out you need to upgrade your items yet

Yeah, there’s plenty of rank 1 and 2 kids right now who haven’t committed to the new meta yet, so obviously, every time they lose to a better mech/opponent it’s because he’s a hacker.

I agree that we should get some reward if an opponent quits 1st turn. I have lost out on so much gold and I am sure other people have too.

For sure, especially since there’s currently a big gap between those that have gone all out and those that have just woken up to the new super mechs. As things stand, we’re getting penalised for being early adopters of the new update.

Not you specifically and I have no idea how you attained what you have. I don’t really care either. It happened to me all the time with battle credits so get over it.

Salty because the new update is a fraud. Fusion costs is a fraud. Legacy items not being able to be used for transformation is a fraud. Old top items being worthless is a fraud. Having to grind to fuse after having a top account is a fraud. Having a player who was nowhere to be found within the game a week ago be top player is a fraud. A clan full of known cheats as number 1 clan fraud. Some clan that popped up from nowhere battling for number 1 is a fraud. Chat hero to top player after update… Fraud.

Don’t know who or what you’re on about and I don’t care either. What I do care about is some dumb blanket reply about cheaters and frauds when what we really need to be doing is provide comments and suggestions on how this update can be improved. If that’s all you have to contribute, go take your toxicity somewhere else.

Scrap it. That is the best advice I can give . I remember a post by a player about this being a totally new game . Post had almost the same complaints I just typed out. Players name rhymes with min fan… You know that post ? It was a good one. I enjoyed it .

Not really. My issue is with your using my thread to blame everything on cheaters and frauds, not regurgitating my post about what I think is wrong in this update. Glad you liked my post btw, I’ll keep 'em coming.

Encansulatedly yours,

Min Fan

the thing is supermechs has always been this way with players quitting early

True, but the rules of the game have changed now. With boosting, gold is so much more useful than SM now.

Just an example - I’ve won 508 games this week till now; that would translate to close to 900,000 gold if i got the full reward for each win.

Salty so so salty. Salt E

I prefer…well seasoned…

I enjoy your sense of humor. Hard to have one these days .

EDIT: Just to get things straight for whoever’s reading this. I’m not saying that players who quit should be penalised or anything - quite the opposite. I’ve beaten many opponents but I’ve also been beaten many times. It took me a lot of effort to get in the top ranks in this game, and I know how annoying it is when you keep coming up against bigger fish who you clearly can’t beat. I also understand that there’s plenty of other issues with the update that probably rank higher on the list of grievances. I’m just saying that this is one of those issues that in my opinion, should be addressed.

There is no incentive for someone in half epic half legendary to try and take on someone in full mythic that is fully upgraded. That’s why they all quit and honestly I think that’s fine. Players who always lose to me do the same thing, they just instantly quit out on me. And why shouldn’t they, trying to fight a new legendary mech with ~1500 hp while they still have 1000 hp and half old mythic half new items?

If there is some reason to play the game out, people would. It’s far better use of time (and morale) to just re-queue and try to find a more equal opponent.

So don’t blame the players who quit on you, blame the system that puts someone who is completely outclassed by you in a game against you and gives them no hope to win and no reason to play out the inevitable defeat. If you are a full new mythic Mech that is fully black level upgraded, you should expect everyone who is not on your level to just instantly quit out on you.

I almost think this is by design, a token attempt to discouraging ‘pay to win’ behavior because no one wants to play against your mech.