Malice's DnD-ish Forum Game!

I will!

After @YGGM tries to disarm him :stuck_out_tongue:

Name: LowKee (Outside)
Lvl: 11 (EXP 80)
Equipped item:
(Modified Large Flame Axe: D10 + 3 dmg, 17+ roll burn, +2 reach, 2 handed, 2 inventory)
(Champion’s Armor: -2 body dmg, 17+ roll blocks additional 3 dmg, -3 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON: 10 +5
STR: 20 +5
DEX: 20 (-3) +5
CHA: 15
PER: 15
Inventory: 2 small medicine, 1 bandage, 1 medicinal drug

Remember @YGGM and @cyanine I gave you enhanced Steroids each, +5 to DEX, STR and con for 3 turns.

Or… If you’re scared you could give me the cloak and I’ll disarm him :innocent:

I go to the bathroom
I load my gun and crossbow
I take the Steroids LowKee gave me
I put the invisibility shroud on me, and I go sneakily take cover behind the wall (the red dot in the map below)

Then, if I’m unnoticed, take my time to aim a shot in the hand with the gun
If I’m noticed, just shot at him without aiming much, to touch him

In both cases, take cover behind the wall after the shot, take some distance (to see him coming if he wants to search me) and ready my melee weapons, while keeping my crossbow up, to shot him on sight, or cover a position change)

@LowKee @Cyanine, get ready

Oh btw @cyanine, @LowKee @Padaruyos @Bruce0206, If Cynthia die and you achieve to kill Hyde, keep my items safe, i’ll be back ^^

Name: Cynthia (Front of Castle)
Lvl: 10 (EXP 130)
Equipped item: (Butcher’s knife: +3 dmg 18+ rolls cleave bone, 1 inventory)
(Cross Bow: D4 dmg roll, +10 reach, 1 inventory [DEX roll to hit target])
Invisibility Cloak: Invisible when still
(Pearl Necklace: +1 CHA)
CON: 11 (+5)2]
STR: 10 (+5)2]
DEX: 20 (+5)2]
CHA: 14 (+1)
PER: 20
Inventory: Rapier, makeshift cloth purse, gun, 2 bullets, 35 gold, 3 Unknown Medicines, 2 Enhanced Steroid, 2 repellents, Invisibility Cloak

Cynthia hides behind the wall under her cloak and takes aim with her gun. Distance between Cynthia and Hyde is 5 reach. Roll 17 (+5) for initial hit. Attempted precision shot to disarm. Roll 12 (+5) to hit. Both are successful. Cynthia hits Hyde in the hand and forces him to drop his gun for 5 dmg. Hyde reels back, shocked at being shot. He looks over at where the shot came from. Roll 15 (+3) to see where shot came from. He is able to identify Cynthia, but decides to ignore her and turns to run. He see's CyaKnight and LowKee standing in his way on the bridge. He pulls out a unique steroid and injects himself. All stats +20 for Hyde. Hyde takes the remaining syringe's he has on him. +9 CON, +9 STR, +6 DEX. Hyde injects himself with a Morphine (+10hp for 2 turns). Hyde picks up his gun off the floor and equips the Modified Large Shield and Modified Staff. He begins to run towards LowKee and CyaKnight on the bridge in an attempt to escape. He is 5 reach away from LowKee and CyaKnight.

Name: Mad Scientist (Hyde)
Equipped item:
(Modified Staff: D6 +2 dmg, +3 reach, 2 inventory)
(Modified Large Shield: D4 +2 dmg, full body shield, 15+ roll blocks frontal dmg, 2 inventory)
CON: ? +9 +20 +10[2] (-5)
STR: ? +9 +20
DEX: ? +6 +20
CHA: ? +20
PER: ? +20
Inventory: 9 Morphine, 3 Repellent, Gun, ?, ?

You guys should be VERY happy you bought majority of his stock first...

Screw it, shoot him in the leg or the spine to immobilize him (while avoiding being in line of sight for his gun

If not too dangerous, throw some Molotov too

Roll 17 (+4) to hit. Roll 3 (+4) for precision shot. Miss the leg. You hit Hyde for 5 dmg in the back. Hyde is currently too far away from you to reach with Molotov. He is currently about 10 reach away from you.

Name: Cynthia (Front of Castle)
Lvl: 10 (EXP 130)
Equipped item: (Butcher’s knife: +3 dmg 18+ rolls cleave bone, 1 inventory)
(Cross Bow: D4 dmg roll, +10 reach, 1 inventory [DEX roll to hit target])
Invisibility Cloak: Invisible when still
(Pearl Necklace: +1 CHA)
CON: 11 (+5)1]
STR: 10 (+5)1]
DEX: 20 (+5)1]
CHA: 14 (+1)
PER: 20
Inventory: Rapier, makeshift cloth purse, gun, 2 bullets, 35 gold, 3 Unknown Medicines, 2 Enhanced Steroid, 2 repellents, Invisibility Cloak

Equipped item:
(Modified Large Shield: D4 +2 dmg, full body shield, 15+ roll blocks frontal dmg, 2 inventory)
CON: ? +9 +20 +10[1] (-10)

5 turns away. So if we wait for him to get to us, his Steroids would have worn off?

I said 5 reach. That's the max distance you can throw something. And about the distance one can cover in a single turn.

Ah okay, well I guess I’ll charge at him and attack. wONXZ1

LowKee charges at Hyde to attack him with his new Axe. Roll 2 (+4) to hit. Misses. Hyde dodges the blow and counters. Hyde rolls 8 (+5) to hit. Hyde misses his swing with the Modified staff. Hyde then tries to bash LowKee with his Modified Shield. Roll 8 (+5) to hit. He misses again.

Name: LowKee
Equipped item:
(Modified Large Flame Axe: D10 + 3 dmg, 17+ roll burn, +2 reach, 2 handed, 2 inventory)
(Champion’s Armor: -2 body dmg, 17+ roll blocks additional 3 dmg, -3 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON: 10 (+5)2]
STR: 20 (+5)2]
DEX: 20 (-3) (+5)2]

Equipped item:
CON: ? +9 +20

I guess I’ll just fall into the flow of the fight cycle now and hope I’m standing at the end.

LowKee takes another swing at Hyde. Roll 19 to hit. Roll 4 (+3 weapon + 5 bonus) to dmg for a total of 12 dmg. Hyde attempts to block with Shield. Rolls 7 (+5) and fails to block the hit. Hyde also recieves a burn. Hyde takes 1 additional dmg from burn. Fails burn check. Hyde takes another Morphine then swings the staff at LowKee. Roll 18 to hit. Roll 3 for dmg (+2 weapon +6 bonus) for total of 11 dmg to Lowkee. LowKee's armor soaks up 2 dmg. Roll 14 (+4 bonus) for additional block. Sucessfully offsets an additional 3 dmg. LowKee takes a total of 6 dmg. Offset steroid for total of 1 dmg on LowKee.

Equipped item:
CON: 10 (-1)
STR: 20 (+5)1]
DEX: 20 (-3) (+5)1]

Equipped item:
CON: ? +9 +20 (-9)

Go to a better shooting place (not or not much exposed) and shoot Hyde (unles stated otherwise, all the shots are from crossbow)
If I can, light him on fire (throw the cocktail a bit at his back, i don’t want LowKee to get BBQ also

I was firing with gun as that is what you stated to start with. You only have 1 bullet left, if you'd like to switch to crossbow, please make sure to clarify. I will be firing next shot with Crossbow. Roll natural 20 to hit. Rolled 3 for dmg for a total of 6 dmg. I will put you up for using your molotov on the next move (can't do both in same turn).

Nice.

I’ll attack him again.

LowKee rolls natural 20 to hit. Rolls 8 to hit (+3 weapon +5 bonus) for a total of 16 dmg. Critical hit makes it 32. Hyde rolls to block with Shield. Roll 15 to block (+5). Hyde successfully offsets the dmg. Hyde takes another Morphine and then swaps his weapon back to the gun. Hyde attempts to push past LowKee to make a run for it. Roll 18 (+6). Hyde successfully pushes past LowKee to get on the other side of the bridge. He starts to move back slowly with shield facing towards the Castle Entrance now. LowKee's drugs have now worn off.

Equipped item:
CON: 10 (-1)
STR: 20
DEX: 20 (-3)

Equipped item:
(Gun: ?)
CON: ? +9 +20 (+1)2]
Inventory: 7 Morphine, 3 Repellent, Modified Staff, ?, ?

And because I think you may have forgotten. Gun roll only needs to roll up to the distance (and it's point blank atm). However, it still has to beat your AC.

I’ll yell at Hyde to come back and revive everyone, undo all the damage he’s caused.

Hyde snarls in a laugh: "And now why would I bother to do that for free, hmm? And not like I'm looking to give out any favors to you folks attacking me now (he laughs maniacally again). But tell you what good fella. Let me walk away from here without any further attacks and I'll give you something in return. I'm quite certain I've perfected the serum to revive someone now. But of course, I need a REAL laboratory to produce more of it. And I'll simply be filthy rich for it at the end of the day (he has a wide smile on his face). You kill me and a potion of revival will forever be lost on this world! You may think me a monster, but a few dozen lives lost in order to save thousands in the future. Do you not think it a decent trade off? (He holds up a single vial full of blue liquid). This is enough to fully revive 1 person, assuming they haven't been dead for more than a few hours of course!. No side effects either. What say you? Or shall we go back to shooting and hitting one another like savages? What shall it be young one? I'm quite sure I can still make it out of here. But I would PREFER not to be shot in the back anymore!"

Btw, this is an actual decision that will affect this world. :slight_smile:

Sounds good to me, he was kicking my ass anyhow lol.

Hyde nods and looks at the other two while slowly backing away, shield still raised. (If other's don't show up and say they wish to continue attacking to prevent him from running within next few hours, I'll proceed).

Nothing changes for me, throw the Molotov, and go take a better (more protected) position

GN

I quickly block the airborne molotov with my shield by equipping it, but also unequipping my sword. I am now vulnerable to many attacks.

“Stop it Cynthia! He has a point! Look doctor, you say you have a special serum, and can supposedly revive other people. We can use that multiple times if possible, and to return the favor too, we’ll try to find a laboratory for ya’. Sounds like a deal?”

CyaKnight and Cynthia are at odds for what to do. Cythnia throws the the molotov (a very far distance, further than normal). Rolls 17 (+4) to hit. It is able to reach. CyaKnight is going to try to intervene. Rolls natural 20. CyaKnight grabs his shield and gracefully whacks the molotov with his shield off the bridge.

CyaKnight yells at Cynthia, *“Stop it Cynthia! He has a point! Look doctor, you say you have a special serum, and can supposedly revive other people. We can use that multiple times if possible, and to return the favor too, we’ll try to find a laboratory for ya’. Sounds like a deal?”*

Hyde: "Well, this serum is only enough for a single person. I can't tell you what a half dosage would do to be quite frank. No need to find me a laboratory, I have one already a few days away from this here castle."

(plot twist: the molotov explodes when it hits my shield, it gets engulfed by flames as well as myself, i die of 4th degree burns lmao)

“Ahh, okay. But you are capable of making more right?”

Hyde: "I've already made one. Why would I not be able to make another?"

I’ll have an Upgraded Crossbow please. Can the Frying Pan be upgraded?

No, upgrades would require a blacksmith or someone capable of making upgrades to items. In this campaign, there is none. There will be in the future though. You could also attempt to make your own modifications if it makes sense and make an improvised weapon. But the stats won't increase hugely unless it is a huge difference or something.