Malice's DnD-ish Forum Game!

I then picked up 2 stuffs, and went upstairs.

I went to Hyde, and tries to see what I can buy and possibly sell.

(@Malicewolf the flamethrower looks interesting)

Below is all that is still available. Hyde will buy anything off of you that you wish to sell. So will Ray and Terry, whom think you're their captain. And yes, the Flamethrower does indeed look interesting! :wink:

Unknown Medicine x3: +10hp (up to max) - 15 gold
Morphine x10: +10hp for 2 turns (temp over max) [when worn off, hp will go to 1 if below] - 40 gold
Enhanced Steroids x2: +5 CON, STR, & DEX for 3 turns - 30 gold
CON Syringe x3: Perm +3 to CON (cannot over max)- 50 gold
STR Syringe x3: Perm +3 to STR (cannot over max) - 50 gold
DEX Syringe x3: Perm +3 to DEX (cannot over max) - 50 gold
Repellent x5: Undead will avoid you for 3 turns - 20 gold
Flamethrower: D4 dmg 15+ (per target) burns target for 1 dmg per turn. Enemy rolls D2 to put flame out, +3 reach (AOE), 1 inventory - 100 gold [SOLD]
Modified Staff: D6 +2 dmg, +3 reach, 2 inventory - 60 gold
Fire Bomb x2: D10 +3 dmg, +5 reach AOE, 1 inventory - 80 gold [SOLD]
Modified Large Shield: D4 +2 dmg, full body shield, 15+ roll blocks frontal dmg, 2 inventory [15 STR required to use] - 150 gold
Modified Large Flame Sword: D8 + 4 dmg, 17+ burns target for 1 dmg per turn. Enemy rolls D2 to put flame out, +1 reach, 2 handed - 200 gold
Modified Large Flame Axe: D10 + 3 dmg, 17+ burns target for 1 dmg per turn. Enemy rolls D2 to put flame out, +2 reach, 2 handed - 220 gold [SOLD]

@Malicewolf what does the flamethrower do?

Is it single use? Some kind of spread-attack weapon?

Fire dmg over conical shaped AoE area. It's probably the first weapon that will require positioning to be a bit more precise now. The damage isn't exactly high per hit, however, it's fairly easy catch enemies on fire, in which, they take continuous dmg until they put it out (which is 50% chance every turn, but they take 1 dmg every turn until it is). Also, I didn't mention it before, but for this case, it does NOT need to be a natural 15 roll. Bonus will be added into it, so for instance, you'd get +3 bonus on your attack rolls (if not for your DEX being hindered, it'd be +4). It is not 1 use. It can be fired twice per encounter (per fight). If you had some substance that could be used as fuel however, it could have more shots per battle, but would use up your inventory item (and in this case, you got a lot, but not a means to carry a lot).

I would like to buy the FLAMETHROWER!!!

Ooof, sorry Cya, snooze you lose. Bruce bought the Flamethrower. Bruce, I put it in your equipped, however, you will need to unequip both items, or the flamethrower. You cannot hold and fight with all 3 equipped at same time (but you do have the inventory space to hold all 3).

Name: Bruce (Basement)
Lvl: 11 (EXP 100)
Equipped item:
(Flamethrower: D4 dmg 15+ roll burn, +3 reach (AOE), 1 inventory)
(Leather Armor: 14+ rolls -1 body dmg, 0 inventory)
(Armor Facemask: prevents crit dmg, -1 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON: 14
STR: 16
DEX: 18 (-1)
CHA: 16
PER: 16
Inventory: 1 Knife, 51 gold
(Electric Baton: D4 dmg 12+ stun opponent 1 turn, 1 inventory)
(Cross Bow: D4 dmg roll, +10 reach, 1 inventory [DEX roll to hit target])

I stash the crossbow.

You need to stash both. Flamethrower is 2 handed weapon. Sorry, should have clarified better.

I hold the flamethrower and hold the baton somewhere else on me.
Also, how much gold do I need for Hyde to resurrect Revres without he turning into the second big thing?

…And shock-proof! :joy:

Without turning into a crazed thing? Well... that'd be more so up to... Hyde. You can take your chances. He would charge 100 gold to revive someone though.

Anybody has 40 Gold? I want to buy the Large Flame Sword, I currently has 166 Gold and that cost 200 Gold.

@Bruce0206 @Padaruyos care to give me some gold?

Pada level Up!

CON: 11 => 14
STR: 8 => 13
DEX: 8 => 13
CHA: 8 => 10
PER: 15 => 20

holy god that’s a lot of perseption, you’d be detecting ghosts at this point

Also, you got spare 40 gold I could borrow? I promise I’ll pay you back once we defeat an another enemy.

Name: LowKee (Basement)
Lvl: 11 (EXP 80)
Equipped item:
(Modified Large Flame Axe: D10 + 3 dmg, 17+ roll burn, +2 reach, 2 handed, 2 inventory)
(Champion’s Armor: -2 body dmg, 17+ roll blocks additional 3 dmg, -3 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON: 10
STR: 20
DEX: 20 (-3)
CHA: 15
PER: 15
Inventory: 31 gold, 2 small medicine, 2 steroid, 1 bandage, 1 medicinal drug, 3 Enhanced Steroids

I kindly give CyaKnight my 31 gold.

Name : CyaKnight
Lvl : 10 (EXP 0)
Equipped Item : (Halberd: 2 handed weapon +3 attack, +2 reach, 2 Inventory)
(Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON : 16
STR : 15
DEX : 15 (-5)
CHA : 14
PER : 10
Inventory : Cleaning rag, small pebbles, Metal Shield, 2 unknown medicine, 197 gold

I take the gold, now only 3 gold more.

I’m pretty sure this task is so easy that anyone could give me 3 gold.

Also I’mma return 31 Gold to you @LowKee once we defeat more monsters or The Lord.

I give CyaKnight 3 gold.

Alright! Thank you so much bro! I will pay you 9 gold when I get some, making it an equal 40 gold debt.

I then have enough money to buy the Modified Large Flaming Sword, i buy it leaving me with 0 gold, equip it and… Oh.

(I literally just noticed now i could sell my halberd for some few gold ._.)

(so, how much is it?)

Halberd would have sold for 12 at Ray and Terry, 8 at Hyde, 10 for Revres. So you still would have needed to get a loan. Also, just making sure you realize, you still can't equip the shield with the Sword at the same time. Sword is too heavy.

Modified Large Flame Sword: D8 + 4 dmg, 17+ burns target for 1 dmg per turn. Enemy rolls D2 to put flame out, +1 reach, 2 handed - 200 gold[SOLD]

@Padaruyos @YGGM Did you guys want to buy anything else from Hyde? You both still have some money and there’s still… well, drugs to be bought if you want em. Below should be everyone’s current stats (please do double check me though) :slight_smile:

Name: Bruce (Front of Castle)
Lvl: 11 (EXP 100)
Equipped item:
(Flamethrower: D4 dmg 15+ roll burn, +3 reach (AOE), 1 inventory)
STR: 16
DEX: 18 (-1)
CHA: 16
PER: 16
Inventory: 1 Knife, 51 gold
(Electric Baton: D4 dmg 12+ stun opponent 1 turn, 1 inventory)

Name: LowKee (Front of Castle)
Lvl: 11 (EXP 80)
Equipped item:
(Modified Large Flame Axe: D10 + 3 dmg, 17+ roll burn, +2 reach, 2 handed, 2 inventory)
(Champion’s Armor: -2 body dmg, 17+ roll blocks additional 3 dmg, -3 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON: 10
STR: 20
DEX: 20 (-3)
CHA: 15
PER: 15
Inventory: 2 small medicine, 2 steroid, 1 bandage, 1 medicinal drug, 3 Enhanced Steroids

Name : CyaKnight (Front of Castle)
Lvl : 10 (EXP 0)
Equipped Item :
(Modified Large Flame Sword: D8 + 4 dmg, 17+ roll burn, +2 reach, 2 handed, 2 inventory)
(Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON : 16
STR : 16
DEX : 20 (-5)
CHA : 14
PER : 10
Inventory : Cleaning rag, small pebbles, Metal Shield, 2 unknown medicine, 12 gold

Name: Pada (Front of Castle)
Lvl: 9 (EXP 0)
Equipped item: (Frying Pan - +2 dmg 16+ hit roll = knock enemy unconscious, 1 inventory)
(Crossbow: D4 dmg roll, +10 reach, 1 inventory [DEX roll to hit target])
STR: 13
DEX: 13
CHA: 10
PER: 20
Inventory: Diary, Wooden Stake, Small Axe, Fire Bomb x2, 182 gold

Name: Cynthia (Front of Castle)
Lvl: 10 (EXP 130)
Equipped item: (Butcher’s knife: +3 dmg 18+ rolls cleave bone, 1 inventory)
Pearl Necklace: +1 CHA
CON: 11
STR: 10
DEX: 20
CHA: 14 (+1)
Inventory: Rapier, makeshift cloth purse, gun, 3 bullets, 150 gold, 2 Unknown Medicines

I then go out to the garden just to meet up with Ray and Terry again, and also to sell my Halberd.

“Hey brothers, I and the new substitutes have killed that wretched beast from down below, and there seems to be not much more monsters left. We’ll just need to clear about 3, 4 more and we’ll have the wonderful vacation we all need. Good luck boys.”

Also selling my halberd.

Ray and Terry cheer for joy as you tell them the news of avenging their fallen brethren. You receive 12 gold for the Halberd.

Hey, can anybody give me 50 gold so I could have Hyde revive Revres?

I just buy any healing items there are left.

Below is what's left in inventory Pada. Please specify what exactly you want to buy. You have 182 gold.

Unknown Medicine x2: +10hp (up to max) - 15 gold
Morphine x10: +10hp for 2 turns (temp over max) [when worn off, hp will go to 1 if below] - 40 gold
Enhanced Steroids x2: +5 CON, STR, & DEX for 3 turns - 30 gold [SOLD]
CON Syringe x3: Perm +3 to CON (cannot over max)- 50 gold
STR Syringe x3: Perm +3 to STR (cannot over max) - 50 gold
DEX Syringe x3: Perm +3 to DEX (cannot over max) - 50 gold
Repellent x3: Undead will avoid you for 3 turns - 20 gold
Flamethrower: D4 dmg 15+ (per target) burns target for 1 dmg per turn. Enemy rolls D2 to put flame out, +3 reach (AOE), 1 inventory - 100 gold [SOLD]
Modified Staff: D6 +2 dmg, +3 reach, 2 inventory - 60 gold
Fire Bomb x2: D10 +3 dmg, +5 reach AOE, 1 inventory - 80 gold [SOLD]
Modified Large Shield: D4 +2 dmg, full body shield, 15+ roll blocks frontal dmg, 2 inventory [15 STR required to use] - 150 gold
Modified Large Flame Sword: D8 + 4 dmg, 17+ burns target for 1 dmg per turn. Enemy rolls D2 to put flame out, +1 reach, 2 handed - 200 gold [SOLD]
Modified Large Flame Axe: D10 + 3 dmg, 17+ burns target for 1 dmg per turn. Enemy rolls D2 to put flame out, +2 reach, 2 handed - 220 gold [SOLD]

If I use the Steroids, can my highest stat go double that off my lowest?

Anything that is temporary will allow you to go over double. Anything permanent will not. Items that give stat boosts are NOT part of that equation.

I’ll buy one more Unknown Medicine, the 2 En. Steroids and 2 repellants

Inventory: Rapier, makeshift cloth purse, gun, 3 bullets, 35 gold, 3 Unknown Medicines, 2 Enhanced Steroid, 2 repellents

I’d like to check the strange thing outside near the starting bridge, that I saw an the very beggining
(keep anything water-fearing somewere on me where the rain can’t reach them)

Roll 18 to perception (+4 bonus). You see an odd fluttering to the right side of the bridge. But it's too hard to make out anything. Almost looks like some sort of distortion.

I guess I’ll try to get the closest I can (IF THERE IS ACTUALLY NO DANGER)
If I can’t reach it, try to shoot a bolt in it

As you near closer, you notice it seems to be something fluttering that's stuck underneath of the bridge, but the wind seemed to have caught it. It's too far down to reach though. Roll 14 (+4) to hit with Crossbow. You shoot the item to the nearby edge where you can reach. You see nothing, but you know you hit it... As you reach out, you can feel a cloth like material. You pull the item up to you.

Invisibility Cloak: When stationary, the user is invisible to the eye. Attacking or moving can cause a distortion which CAN be seen by enemies if pass perception check (15 or higher). Does NOT hide smell, sound, or touch. Weather can affect the cloak’s ability to hide user (which is why you were able to find it). Only big enough to shroud 1 person.

Also, what you don't know, but i'm telling you is that you tore the cloak. Which is why it can now only shroud up to 1 person at a time.

Nice catch :joy_cat:
My perseverance seems to be useful :joy_cat:

(Was there a way to get the shroud without toring it ?)

Inventory: Rapier, makeshift cloth purse, gun, 3 bullets, 35 gold, 3 Unknown Medicines, 2 Enhanced Steroid, 2 repellents, Invisibility cloak

Just posting it so you can update the first post ^^

Climbing down to get it. It was supposed to be a very hard item to both find and get. Needed a 20 to even be aware of it. Then would have required two 18+ rolls for DEX and STR to climb down and get (and failure would have killed you). Though, I would have allowed folks to figure stuff out to make it more plausible (like, trying something and lowering someone).

Ouch, what a special item XD
(Is that normal I first seen it with a 19 perception roll tho ? just asking)

I would go back in the house then

It was my big special item on this campaign. Essentially, the super rare awesome item of the map. You saw because your perception bonus gave you the 20, so i allowed you to catch a glimpse.

oh ok ^^