Malice's DnD-ish Forum Game!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…
Maybe I should commit die…

They were already dead bud haha. No need to feel bad. You were beating up their dead friends dead corpses.

I’ll repost so folks know this is here as it’s kind of a big deal :wink: (you basically found the weapon/armor shop).

Omg. Can I pimp the others out in exchange for the champions armour?

Hey Cynthia, you wanna make Daddy a little money?

Edit: I totally meant to put can I sweet talk them into giving freebies, or at least get it at an affordable price.

You're probably the only one able to afford it, aside from Pada, who's sitting on quite a bit of money (if he sells crystals). You had 40 gold, 10 gold in chest at stable, got 30 from searching dead bodies, and have some sell-able items. As for discounts and such, you'd have to roll with charisma in hopes of getting. Cya would get a bonus as they think he's their captain, but that's it.

Name: LowKee
Lvl: 5 (EXP 50)
Equipped item: (Short Spear: +2-3 attack (pending 1 handed or 2 handed), +1 reach, 1 inventory)
(Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory),
CON: 10 (+3)3]
STR: 10
DEX: 10 (-4)(+3)3]
CHA: 10
PER: 10
Inventory: 80 gold, pocket watch, dagger, 2 sets of matches (30), gold watch, handkerchiefs, pearl necklace, smokes

I didn’t even know I had half this stuff, you been planting on me when I ain’t been looking?

Sell the pocket watch, dagger, both sets of matches, gold watch, handkerchiefs, pearl necklace and the smokes. Using my charisma to maximise price I get and to reduce prices for what I may purchase.

They were all things i described, but hadn't updated on your main character inventory. You rolled a natural 20 on the charisma check. You go up to Terry and Ray and sweet talk them. "Sooo, you guys come here often?" Hook. Line. And Sinker. You focus on Ray (he's not the sharpest tool in the shed), and are able to convince him that your items are worth more than face value. "This dagger once belonged to a prince!"

Sellable items:
Dagger - 10 gold
Pocket watch (broken) - 3 gold
Matches x2 - 3 gold
Gold Watch - 10 gold
Handkerchiefs - 2 gold
Pearl necklace - 25 gold
Smokes - 8 gold

Discount buying prices: 20% discount

Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory (20 gold) [16 gold]

Leather Armor: 14+ rolls -1 body dmg, 0 inventory (5 gold) [4 gold]

Armor Facemask: prevents crit dmg, -1 DEX, 0 inventory (5 gold) [4 gold]

Short Spear: +2-3 attack (pending 1 handed or 2 handed), +1 reach, 1 inventory (7 gold) [6 gold]

Longsword: +3 damage, +1 reach, 1 inventory (12 gold) [10 gold]

Metal Shield: Roll 15+ to block/parry most frontal attacks, 1 inventory (18 gold) [14 gold]

Halberd: 2 handed weapon, +3 attack, +2 reach, 2 inventory (20 gold) [16 gold]

Large Hammer: 2 handed weapon, +4 attack (ignores armor), +1 reach, 2 inventory (30 gold) [24 gold]

Mace: +3 attack (ignores armor), 1 inventory (10 gold) [8 gold]

Cross Bow: D4 dmg roll, +10 reach, 1 inventory [DEX roll to hit target] (25 gold) [20 gold]

Champion’s Armor x1: -2 body dmg, 17+ roll blocks additional 3 dmg, -3 DEX, 0 inventory (75 gold) [60 gold]

Switch up your inventory as needed and post below what you'd like. I'll double check your math, but will assume you did it right. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well. I’ll sell my armour and the spear and buy the champions armour and long sword!

Ah sorry, wasn't really thinking about your current equipment. And to confirm, you want to keep those sellable items then? Or you selling off your entire inventory as well? Just inform me and I'll alter your inventory as necessary. Your short spear will sell for 5 gold and heavy armor for 12, giving you an additional 17 gold. Champion Armor cost 60, Long Sword cost 10 for total of 70 gold. You had 97 after selling equipment. So down to 27 gold.

Equipped item: (Longsword: +3 damage, +1 reach, 1 inventory)
(Champion’s Armor: -2 body dmg, 17+ roll blocks additional 3 dmg, -3 DEX, 0 inventory)
(Metal Shield: Roll 15+ to block/parry most frontal attacks, 1 inventory)
Inventory: 27 gold, pocket watch, dagger, 2 sets of matches (30), gold watch, handkerchiefs, pearl necklace, smokes

Yes please, sell it all.

Has Jeeves got any supplies left?

Revres still has the following:

Small Medicine x2: +2hp (up to max) - 3 gold per
Steroid’s x1: +3 STR and DEX for 3 turns - 8 gold per
Bandages x1: +3hp (up to max) - 5 gold per
Medicinal drugs x1: +5hp for 2 turns (temporary over max) - 10 gold per

(Champion’s Armor: -2 body dmg, 17+ roll blocks additional 3 dmg, -3 DEX, 0 inventory)
Inventory: 61 gold, 2 small medicine, 1 steroid, 1 bandage, 1 medicinal drug

I’ll buy out all of Jeeves stock and ask for a cheeky discount for bulk buying.

You roll a 4 for charisma (6 w/bonus). Revres signs. "Sire... I've already given you over half my stock for free. I cannot afford to keep giving you discounts! He lowers the price from 29 to 27 gold pieces for buying the rest however.

What does this mean ?

What’s “D4 dmg roll” ?

And last point, is Necklace buyable ?

Means I was gonna see if I could sell your cute little ass to buy my armour :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep in mind Cynthia can be pretty hot-blooded ^^
And when this happens, it ends with the death of someone, be it Cynthia or the other ^^

Just warning ^^

D4 is a dice type. It has 1-4 as an option, so it's damage between 1 and 4 determined by a dice. Essentially, instead of having a +dmg bonus, it goes directly off of the dice. Most of the other weapons have been either a D2 or D4 for damage for you guys (+ your bonus) as you are still fairly low level and weak. And yes, pearl necklace is indeed buyable. It is 30 gold to buy from Ray.

Oh ok ^^

Try to bewitch the ppl into selling at lower price, and taking at increased price

Then, I would like to know of much I could get from my inventory’s content

You roll a 19 charisma check (hot damn you guys are doing well on those with these guys...). Cynthia leans over the table trying her best to perk her chest out a bit. "Sooooooo, how much is everything here again?" Cynthia is also able to get the 20% discount as well as the ability to sell items for a bit more than normal.

Sellable items:
Butcher’s knife - 18 gold
Stone tile - 5 gold
torch - 3 gold
Cloth purse - 3 gold

Discount buying prices: 20% discount

Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory (20 gold) [16 gold]

Leather Armor: 14+ rolls -1 body dmg, 0 inventory (5 gold) [4 gold]

Armor Facemask: prevents crit dmg, -1 DEX, 0 inventory (5 gold) [4 gold]

Short Spear: +2-3 attack (pending 1 handed or 2 handed), +1 reach, 1 inventory (7 gold) [6 gold]

Longsword: +3 damage, +1 reach, 1 inventory (12 gold) [10 gold]

Metal Shield: Roll 15+ to block/parry most frontal attacks, 1 inventory (18 gold) [14 gold]

Halberd: 2 handed weapon, +3 attack, +2 reach, 2 inventory (20 gold) [16 gold]

Large Hammer: 2 handed weapon, +4 attack (ignores armor), +1 reach, 2 inventory (30 gold) [24 gold]

Mace: +3 attack (ignores armor), 1 inventory (10 gold) [8 gold]

Cross Bow: D4 dmg roll, +10 reach, 1 inventory [DEX roll to hit target] (25 gold) [20 gold]

Dagger: +2 dmg, 1 inventory (15 gold) [12 gold]

Pocket watch (broken) - 5 gold [4 gold]

Matches x2 - 6 gold [5 gold]

Gold Watch - 20 gold [16 gold]

Handkerchiefs - 5 gold [4 gold]

Pearl necklace - 30 gold [24 gold]

Smokes - 10 gold [8 gold]

If I leave the room for whatever reason, and then come back, woul I still have the 20% applied or not ?

Yes, you will still have the 20% discount unless you do something else to affect them that would change it. Could be positive, could be negative. Like, if you tried to steal instead, but got caught, they'd probably take the discount away entirely. Maybe even charge you more instead. Or if you did something very good for them, they could give you a bigger discount.

I would like to sell the Stone tile, buy the Xbow, go outside making some trinkets with dead corpses’s clothes (I doubt they would get a cold anyway), then come back sell them until I’m able to buy (and wear) the necklace

Can you explain the +con and the ±dex for me please.

If it was STR instead of CON, I would have said it’s because of the steroids you injected…

It is the steroids. Im just an idiot :sweat_smile:

Is everybody ready to fight the lord?

Are there anything else to scavenge from the BIG FIGHT?

CON: 10
DEX: 10 (-3)

Is that right? I assume the steroids would have worn off by now.

Yes they would have. As its 3 turns worth of actions. Not sure why you used earlier lol. You guys still have the entire basement unexplored. 1 room upstairs untouched as well. And then the lords room. And of course you can deck yourselves out for the boss fight here at guard house. You all have a good chunk of money.

I only have 5 gold…

You have 35 actually. Everyone got 30 for the big garden fight. I try to keep everyone's stat's updated on the 1st post, though sometimes i lag behind a bit.

Cynthia buys the Cross Bow for 20 gold (10 left) and then goes and rounds up the dead bodies to create trinkets to sell. Eventually she made the 14 additional gold to buy the purely aesthetic pearl necklace.

Name: Cynthia
Lvl: 3 (EXP 20)
Equipped item: (Butcher’s knife: +3 dmg 18+ rolls cleave bone, 1 inventory)
(Cross Bow: D4 dmg roll, +10 reach, 1 inventory [DEX roll to hit target])
Pearl Necklace: +` CHA
CON: 10
STR: 5
DEX: 10
CHA: 5 (+1)
Inventory: torch, makeshift cloth purse

How much gold can I sell for the longsword?

Can sell it for 6. 8 if you can get one of the other's with higher upsell to do for you. Rolled a charisma check for you, you rolled a 13. Your discounts and upsell's would not be as high as LowKee's or Cynthia's.