Malice's DnD-ish Forum Game!

I’ll take the longsword, then. What are it’s stats?

Stats below now

Lol patience grasshopper, first @Malicewolf needs to tally up XP, work out of anyone’s levelled etc.

Oh do we heal on level or carry the wounds?

Whew! That was a lot of writing! You are indeed correct! Look below for the loot ya'll made. This was one of the big battles that ya'll could do to earn a lot of xp. Glad a lot of you participated in it honestly. You can buy items to get healed immediately, or rest (8 hours) irl for full heal.

There’s still that halberd you know.

Saw that, 2 handed only though.

Soon, we’ll be ready to fight The Lord!
Also, we have a bunch of armour for other people.

There’s 6 more upstairs, the THING in the basement and the lord from what I can tell left.

What’s the thing in the basement?

You'll have to go and find out :wink:

No idea, we just heard footsteps IIRC. Also we haven’t checked the Guardhouse or the shed yet.

If the horses aren’t zombie horses, we can ride them!

you'll also have to go and find out (but actually, no, you can't ride horses in the castle)! :stuck_out_tongue:

Right through the Castle, Jeeves will be well happy with that :blush:

Don’t call him that!

Name: Pada
Lvl: 1 (EXP 0)
Equipped item: (Frying Pan - +2 dmg 16+ hit roll = knock enemy unconscious, 1 inventory)
CON: 9
STR: 6
DEX: 5
CHA: 5
PER: 5
Inventory: Diary, Wooden Stake

Pada notices the shears on the garden, too bad Pada cannot cross the garden. Well at least not yet, those Undeads are still busy fighting the three knights. (Trio Amigos?)

Although they are busy fighting CyaKnight, Bruce, and LowKee, one of them could easily snap out and give Pada a really bad time, and because his weapon is arguably inferior, combined with his lack of battle experience and cowardice attitude, he could end up being killed in this age, changing history. So he needs to think carefully.

Currently, Pada has two weapons, a Frying Pan, and a Wooden Stake as a back-up weapon. What about using both of them at the same time? Dual-wielding? Hmmm… In theory, this is actually possible, as the Wooden Stake is really light, despite that, he’s gonna lose some DEX because of trying to manage two weapons at the same time, which combined with his lack of armor, he could end up getting some serious damage.

Pada had an idea.

Pada grabs one of the stones on the pathway, and threw it at the undead.

“Let’s see what will happen”

Um they’re already dead.

Pada realizes that he’s throwing stones to a dead corpse, but this time, it’s actually dead.

Looks like he’s been thinking for too long. That’s fine though.

Pada approaches the dead enemies and examines them.

Bruce gains 250xp for participating against all 4 enemies and some additional bonus' xp awarded. You now have 330 xp. Please level up to 5 (additional 15 points to spread to your stats). From level 5 to 10, you will now need 200xp to level up. You also gain 30 gold. Bruce also picks up the Longsword from the dead Armored Knight and examines it.

Longsword: +3 damage, +1 reach, 1 inventory

Name: Bruce
Lvl: 2 + 330xp
Equipped item: (Butcher’s knife: +3 dmg 18+ roll bone cleave, 1 inventory), (Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory), (Armor Facemask: prevents crit dmg, -1 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON: 6 (-2)
STR: 7
DEX: 8 (-5)
CHA: 7
PER: 7
Inventory: 4 Knives, 35 gold

LowKee gains 300xp for participating against all 4 enemies and some additional bonus xp as well for finishing kills. You now have 350 xp. Please level up to 5 (additional 15 points to spread to your stats). From level 5 to 10, you will now need 200xp to level up. You also gain 30 gold. LowKee picks up the Shield and examines it.

Metal Shield: Roll 15+ to block/parry most frontal attacks, 1 inventory

Name: LowKee
Lvl: 2 (350xp)
Equipped item: (Short Spear: +2-3 attack (pending 1 handed or 2 handed), +1 reach, 1 inventory)
(Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory),
CON: 6 (-2)
STR: 10
DEX: 7 (-4)
CHA: 6
PER: 6
Inventory: 40 gold, pocket watch, key, dagger

Cynthia gains 150xp for participating in the fight and some additional bonus xp as well for her actions. You now have 220xp. Please level up to 3 (additional 10 points to spread to your stats). You also gain 30 gold.

Name: Cynthia
Lvl: 1 (220xp)
Equipped item: (Stone tile - +2 dmg 18+ hit roll = knock enemy unconscious, 1 inventory)
CON: 6
STR: 4
DEX: 8
CHA: 4
PER: 8
Inventory: 3 plates, torch, makeshift cloth purse, 30 gold

CyaKnight gains 200xp for participating in the fight and some additional bonus xp as well for her actions. You now have 200xp. Please level up to 3 (additional 10 points to spread to your stats). You also gain 30 gold. CyaKnight examines the Halberd.

Halberd: 2 handed weapon, +3 attack, +2 reach, 2 inventory

Name : CyaKnight
Lvl : 1 (200xp)
Equipped Item : (Stone Sword: +3 dmg on STR attack rolls, -2 DEX to dodge, 2 inventory)
CON : 7 (-5)
STR : 7
DEX : 5 (-2)
CHA : 6
PER : 5
Inventory : Cleaning rag, small pebbles, 30 gold

Pada gains 100xp for participating in the fight and some additional bonus xp as well for his actions. You now have 100xp. Please level up to 2 (additional 5 points to spread to your stats). You also gain 30 gold. Pada examines the Garden Shears.

Garden Shears: 2 handed weapon, +2 damage, 17+ roll = Dismember: can cut off limbs, 2 inventory

Lvl: 1 (100xp)
Equipped item: (Frying Pan - +2 dmg 16+ hit roll = knock enemy unconscious, 1 inventory)
Inventory: Diary, Wooden Stake, 30 gold

Examining the battlefield the adventurers find the following items that they can use from the dead corpses:

Heavy Armor x2: Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory when equipped

Armor Facemask x2: prevents crit dmg, -1 DEX, 0 inventory

Longsword: +3 damage, +1 reach, 1 inventory (currently in Bruce hands)

Metal Shield: Roll 15+ to block/parry most frontal attacks, 1 inventory (currently in LowKee hands)

Halberd: 2 handed weapon, +3 attack, +2 reach, 2 inventory (currently in CyaKnight’s hands)

Garden Shears: 2 handed weapon, +2 damage, 17+ roll = Dismember: can cut off limbs, 2 inventory

Small Axe: +2 damage, 18+ roll bone cleave, 1 inventory [Pada Took]

Garden Hoe: +2 damage, +1 reach, 1 inventory

Lvl: 5 (50xp)

Equipped items:
(Short Spear: +2-3 attack (pending 1 handed or 2 handed), +1 reach, 1 inventory)

(Metal Shield: Roll 15+ to block/parry most frontal attacks, 1 inventory),

(Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory)

CON: 10 (-2)
DEX: 10 (-4)
CHA: 10
PER: 10

Inventory: 40 gold, pocket watch, key, dagger

Thats right? +15 stats and the shield?

Yup

Pada took the Small Axe.

Is pada level 2 now?

Pada is indeed lvl 2 now. Add 5 points to your stats where you want (but do keep in mind you you can't go over double your lowest stat.

Lvl: 1 (100xp)
Equipped item: (Frying Pan - +2 dmg 16+ hit roll = knock enemy unconscious, 1 inventory), (Small Axe: +2 damage, 18+ roll bone cleave, 1 inventory)
Inventory: Diary, Wooden Stake, 30 gold

FYI @cyanine @Bruce0206 @Padaruyos @YGGM

I’m happy to trade:

Short Spear: +2-3 attack (pending 1 handed or 2 handed), +1 reach, 1 inventory

For any 1 handed weapon with 2 or higher attack as now I have a shield I can’t use two hands.

@Malicewolf Was there any bandages left? If so id like to start bandaging everyone up in order of most wounded to least.

Here is what poor Jeeves still has left after you forced him to give up a bandage previously. :joy:

Small Medicine x5: +2hp (up to max) - 3 gold per
Steroid’s x2: +3 STR and DEX for 3 turns - 8 gold per
Bandages x2: +3hp (up to max) - 5 gold per
Medicinal drugs x1: +5hp for 2 turns (temporary over max) - 10 gold per

So 1 bandage and 3 small medicines would cover everyone. 14 Gold would be the cost to cover everyone (you could ask for reimbursement, but it'll be up to the player to give back or not).

@Padaruyos You are! They grow up so fast.

You have an additional 5 stat points to distribute now.

@Malicewolf Na, before that. I’m sure I picked up 3 somewhere but only used 1 if them.

Nope, you picked up 1 bandage in the bathroom. You used it to top yourself off when you got hurt before though. Then you forcefully made Jeeves use one to patch up Jessica (which she would have died if you hadn't, but you also could have made a makeshift bandage for free as well.

Ah my bad.

I guess I’ll go looting corpses for rags and such like to make some makeshift bandages then use my ever so persuasive new found charisma to talk Jeeves into giving me supplies for free as its in the interest of… Saving his Lord or some such believable BS.

Hoh boy. You roll a 4 to perception looking around on the corpses. You don't even take the armor off the dead corpses as you look (silly you). You see the Half Dead Corpses nearby have rags on them. They are quite bloody and disgusting though... I think you may want to pass on trying to use them for... anything. You then go talk to Jeev... Revres and try to persuade him into giving you some of his inventory for free. You roll a 17 Charisma (+2 bonus). You smooth talk Jeeves, telling him that he was the rightful Head Butler for his Lord and they never should have replaced him. After buttering him up a bit, he tells you that he must have misread you and that OBVIOUSLY everything Sir LowKee has done has been for the greater good of his Lord this entire time. He gives you gain 3 small medicines, 1 bandage, and steroid for free. Poor Revres now has almost no inventory left in stock.

Lvl: 5 (50xp)
Equipped items:
(Short Spear: +2-3 attack (pending 1 handed or 2 handed), +1 reach, 1 inventory)
(Metal Shield: Roll 15+ to block/parry most frontal attacks, 1 inventory),
(Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON: 10 (-2)
DEX: 10 (-4)
CHA: 10
PER: 10
Inventory: 40 gold, pocket watch, key, dagger, 1 bandage, 3 small medicine, 1 steroid