Malice's DnD-ish Forum Game!

Pada arrives at the garden and is immediately greeted with CyaKnight, Moose Bruce, and some odd guy named LowKee clashing at some armor-equipped undeads, causing a large amount of broken metal sharpnels to fly at Pada at high speed, which he instinctively deflect with his newly-acquired frying pan, effectively using it as a badminton-racket.

“TANG! PLANG! PANG!” The sound of the frying pan hitting a chunk of metal from a broken helmet attracts the attention of some undeads the other knights are fighting, but they are definitely too busy dealing with the other three knights, and Pada glad it happened, because he definitely don’t want to fight undeads that even the three other knights are having a hard time with. And as a popular quote from a popular horror-movie says “You can’t kill something that’s already dead.”

Instead of fighting, he tried to support the other three.

Pada inspects the garden.

Perception check roll 17. Pada looks around the garden and notices a very well kept garden for the most part. There are flowers all around, a nice little pathway made of stones. The flower's look like they've recently been trampled on. A little way's away though, near some of the shrubs, Pada can see a large garden shear. It'd probably be possible to try a hit and run and try to grab the shears across the garden.

Yes, it’s possible to go and help. Just say which enemy you’d like to take on, you could both simultaneously take on, or you could call out a single enemy to take out instead and break it up if you don’t think you’ll both be around at the same time and don’t want to wait for the other.

I apologize, I need a bit of time. Weekend was busy and today is a bit hectic at work. I will get some responses out shortly. Thanks for your patience!

Name: LowKee
Lvl: 2 (50xp)
Equipped item: (Short Spear: +2-3 attack (pending 1 handed or 2 handed), +1 reach, 1 inventory)
(Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory),
CON: 6
STR: 10
DEX: 7 (-4)
CHA: 6
PER: 6
Inventory: 10 gold, pocket watch, key, dagger

@Bruce0206 @Padaruyos @cyanine @Malicewolf

I’ll attack an unarmoured one with the hoe.

Lowkee decides to step in and help in the battle of the garden. From outside of the Half Dead Corpse's reach, LowKee stabs at the Corpse with the Garden Hoe. Rolled Natural 20. Hot damn. This guy is so dead. Anywho, LowKee smoothly swings at the corpse's with all his might and cleanly sweeps the enemies head off. Damage roll 3 (+3 dmg weapon bonus, +2 dmg bonus, +critical hit damage). Total damage 16 damage. Lowkee then hits the head off for a home run across the garden (the crowd goes wild)!

Enemy 1 - Armored Figure: (Long Sword and Shield) (-4 hp)
Enemy 2 - Armored Figure: (2 handed Halberd)
Enemy 3 - Corpse: (garden hoe) DEAD
Enemy 4 - Corpse: (small axe)

Also folks, as a heads up, I’m going to change the battle system just a tad bit. After talking with a friends about how stupid I am, I have decided to go with the AC style for defense rather than roll to hit vs roll to dodge. I have found that things are left up a bit TOO much to chance with my previous system.
For those who don’t know how AC works, it’s pretty simple. Instead of rolling to dodge every turn to see if you hit, AC will be the base determining factor. It’ll still be based on DEX. This system will use a base of 10 + your DEX bonus to determine minimum requirement to hit. Aka - LowKee has 7 DEX, but -4 due to his armor. So his base is 10 and he get’s no bonus due to his DEX being 3 atm (every 5 gives +1 bonus). However, in this case, his armor is well worth the trade off as it offset’s 2 damage on every hit. What does this mean though? It means if the enemy rolls below a 10 to hit, he fails, automatically. As you raise your DEX stat to gain higher bonus’ the enemies will need to roll higher to hit you based on your bonus. It just makes life a little easier and helps reduce the need to roll as much AND lowers luck as a factor over playing smartly.

So basically, nothing on your end changes. Just how i’m doing things on the backend :slight_smile:

Equipped item: (Short Spear: +2-3 attack (pending 1 handed or 2 handed), +1 reach, 1 inventory)
CON: 6 (-2)

I’ll swing at lucky #4

Swing and a miss! You roll a 10 and Half Dead Corpse dodge's the blow. But Half Dead Corpse only rolled a 4. The Half Dead Corpse swings it's axe weakly at you. It bounces off your armor as you stare him down.

Again please.

Dice gods are not with you atm. You rolled an 8. Another miss. Enemy 4 rolled a 19. Damage roll 2 (+2 weapon damage). Your armor soaked 2 damage though to offset. You swing at the Corpse and it dodges your blow and sticks you in the side with it's axe. Thank god for armor!

Yikes. Third time lucky, as they say.

As they say indeed! You rolled a 17 to hit. Rolled 3 for damage (+3 weapon dmg, +2 dmg bonus) for 8 damage total. You stab the Corpse straight through the eye, clearing up the pathway for Pada to safely explore past into the garden. You look over and see a heavily wounded CyaKnight fighting 2 armored knights. One is currently knocked down from a heavy hit by the Stone Sword while the other just took a swing at Cya with it's Halberd, striking him in the side pretty hard.

Enemy 1 - Armored Figure: (Long Sword and Shield) (-4 hp)
Enemy 4 - Corpse: (small axe) DEAD

Cynthia is currently willing to bash some heads…

Attack the ennemy with Sword&Shield if possible from behind, to land a surprise hit

You roll a 15 Sneak roll and successfully get behind the Armored Knight without him noticing. You rolled an 8 to hit. It succeeds (luckily cause of his heavy armor). You deal 2 dmg (with +2 weapon damage) for a total of 4 dmg. His armor soaks up 2 of the damage. You sneak up behind the Armored Knight and smash his head in from behind with your stone tile. He's lookin' pretty wrecked right now. He get's up and takes a swing at you. A swing and a miss that is. He rolls a 2.

Name: Cynthia (In Kitchen)
Lvl: 1 (70xp)
Equipped item: (Stone tile - +2 dmg 18+ hit roll = knock enemy unconscious, 1 inventory)
STR: 4
DEX: 8
CHA: 4
PER: 8
Inventory: 3 plates, torch, makeshift cloth purse

Rush in, save @cyanine and the day in one swift roll!

You rush over to CyaKnight to help. You run so fast though, you swing and miss the enemy. You rolled a 5 to hit and missed. The enemy looks confused and turns to strike at you instead. He swings his Halberd in your direction only to miss horribly as you continue to run by.

Don’t you dare steal my death ! ^^

I eat the drugs and start to slash at the enemies.

You take the medicinal drug for a temporary boost of +5hp and run back into battle, loud and with butcher's knife in hand! You roll a 17 to hit. You rolled 2 dmg (+3 weapon, +1 bonus) for a total of 6 damage. His armor offset's 2. You run at the Knight and swing your butcher's knife right at his chest and strike him down. The Armored Knight with Sword and Shield is now slain. The nearby Armored Knight with Halberd takes a swing at you and missed terribly as well. He rolled a 4.

Name: Bruce
Lvl: 2 + 80xp
Equipped item: (Butcher’s knife: +3 dmg 18+ roll bone cleave, 1 inventory), (Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory), (Armor Facemask: prevents crit dmg, -1 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON: 6 (+3)
STR: 7
DEX: 8 (-5)
CHA: 7
PER: 7
Inventory: 4 Knives, 5 gold

Equipped item: (Butcher’s knife: +3 dmg 18+ roll bone cleave, 1 inventory), (Heavy Armor: -2 body dmg, -4 DEX, 0 inventory), (Armor Facemask: prevents crit dmg, -1 DEX, 0 inventory)
CON: 6 (+3)

Name: Cynthia
Lvl: 1 (70xp)
Equipped item: (Stone tile - +2 dmg 18+ hit roll = knock enemy unconscious, 1 inventory)
STR: 4
DEX: 8
CHA: 4
PER: 8
Inventory: 3 plates, torch, makeshift cloth purse

Name : CyaKnight
Lvl : 1
Equipped Item : (Stone Sword: +3 dmg on STR attack rolls, -2 DEX to dodge, 2 inventory)
CON : 7 (-5)
STR : 7
DEX : 5 (-2)
CHA : 6
PER : 5
Inventory : Cleaning rag, small pebbles

Name: Pada
Lvl: 1 (EXP 0)
Equipped item: (Frying Pan - +2 dmg 16+ hit roll = knock enemy unconscious, 1 inventory)
CON: 9
STR: 6
DEX: 5
CHA: 5
PER: 5
Inventory: Diary, Wooden Stake

Enemy 1 - Armored Figure: (Long Sword and Shield) DEAD

I attempt to totally annihilate that other knight with my butcher knife.
Also, have I leveled up yet?

Attack the last one.

Name : CyaKnight
Lvl : 1
Equipped Item : (Stone Sword: +3 dmg on STR attack rolls, -2 DEX to dodge, 2 inventory)
CON : 7 (-5)
STR : 7
DEX : 5 (-2)
CHA : 6
PER : 5
Inventory : Cleaning rag, small pebbles

Back away slowly, for now. Asks Bruce for some medicinal herbs.

@cyanine

Damn son, you got messed up. Might I suggest looting some armour when this fight is over.

Sure, I’d get their armor and replace it with mine. (i have a standard knight armor, that gives 0 defense lol)

Also I’ll loot the Halberd, seems oddly familiar…

You roll an 8 to hit. You roll a 1 to dmg (+3 weapon, +1 bonus) for a total of 5 damage (offset 2 for armor). You dealt 3 damage to the enemy. Bruce runs in once again, looking like a crazed man with his Butcher's Knife in hand and takes a swing at the last standing Armored Knight. He hits, but the Knights Armor takes most of the blow. The Knight swings his Halberd in response. Rolled 14 to hit. Knight rolls 2 for damage (+3 weapon damage) for a total of 5 damage. Luckily your armor soaked 2 of the damage.

You roll an 18 to hit. You roll 1 for dmg (+3 weapon +2 bonus) for total of 6 damage. Knights armor offsets 2 dmg. You dealt 4 total. The enemy looks like he is barely standing. Enemy rolls an 18 to hit with 1 dmg roll (+3 weapon dmg) (-2 for armor offset) for a total of 2 dmg to LowKee. LowKee stabs right into the Armored Knights armor with his short spear, stabbing into the Enemy. Instead of backing up however the enemy stabs back at LowKee with his Halberd.

CON: 6 (-4)

Bruce ate his medicinal herbs (and they only provide temporary hp increase). You'll likely need to buy medicine or find something to heal you elsewhere. Or just take a rest (about 8 hour from when you state you will do so and I'll heal you back to full).

Enemy 1 - Armored Figure: (Long Sword and Shield) DEAD
Enemy 2 - Armored Figure: (2 handed Halberd) (-7hp: Bloodied)

Also, XP will be handed out after the battle is over :) Too hard to deal with during the fight. Ya'll will be gettin some pretty xp from this fight though. And the Armored Knight has only 1hp left. So if any of you get on and simply land a hit, it's dead (imma laugh if Pada comes in and throws a stone at it or something to finish it off).

images

With a Spear stab to the face!

You roll a 19. (Feel free to explain how you want to finish him) :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh gosh, the choices. Can I Spear him to the wall, yank his arm out its socket and bludgeon his skull until the point of collapse?

Yes. LowKee, the savage that he is, throws his spear at the Armored Knight and skewers him to the nearby Stable Wall. The Armored Knight struggles to free itself as LowKee walks over and brutally pulls his arm out of his socket and beats him to death with his own arm. Brutal.

How brutalistic.

Dibs on the shield!