So here’s the deal, I just reached Level 150, and like most players, I’m at a crossroads…
I’m at Rank 6, My primary Mech (Heat) is about 90% complete but still needs a premium range 1-4 weapon, my 2nd Mech is about 75% complete, and my 3rd Mech is just parts.
Since there’s no more Level Ups for refills and gold, it’s basically a very slow grind, to get almost impossible to find parts (eg. Plat Plates, specific Premium L-Ms), if I want to advance further in this game. The other option is just to quit.
I’ve thrown out some other ideas like Steel Plates and Treasure Hunter Perks to keep grinding interesting past 150, but here’s one that’s a win-win-win for everybody… especially Tacticsoft, who are really missing out on some easy money!!
- I noticed experience points (XP) still build up past level 150 (24,956,950 exp points)
- Players past level 150 need Legendaries to get better
- Legendaries can be obtained through Premium Boxes
- Selling Premium Boxes makes Tacticsoft money
Here’s the problem, the rate of Legendaries out of the Premium Box is too low (20%) to encourage large numbers of purchases
- Create a new type of box called an Investors Box (or XP Plus box)
This box costs the same number of tokens as a Premium Box (75 Tokens). This is how Tacticsoft keeps making money. Players need to buy the box.
Allow players to convert XP points beyond level 150, into a higher % chance of getting Legendaries out of the Investors box
Each 1% Increased chance of getting a Legendary out of the Box costs 10,000 XP (this is XP accumulated after Level 150 - I’d call it XP Plus). When a box is purchased, players are asked how much of their XP plus points they are wanting to Invest.
eg. 10,000 XP points means 1% Increased chance of getting a Legendary (ie. 21% chance total)
100,000 XP points means 10% increased chance of getting a Legendary (ie. 30% chance total)
800,000 XP points means 80% increased chance of getting a Legendary (ie. 100% guarantee)
Again, this is a win-win-win for everybody
- p2w players past level 150 have a decent chance of getting better, motivating them to stay in the game, grind XP, and buy more Investors Boxes
- f2p players also have an opportunity for Investors boxes by saving up their tokens
- SuperMechs finally has a decent End Game that will continue to generate plenty of income from players Level 150 and up who might otherwise quit
Thoughts? Is there even a downside here?
- I would love to see “Investors Boxes” for SuperMechs, as described or similar
- I would like to see different features past Level 150 (please explain)
- No changes are required past Level 150