This idea was inspired by the post (Un?)Real Expectations
The gist of the post is that we players spend a lot of time (and in some cases money ) trying to build up our mechs, but there becomes a tipping point, where the effort stops becoming worth it …
- ie. the chance of getting the specific items you really need for your build are so low, at some point you decide to quit. Obviously, this is not good for SuperMechs when players quit.
- Here’s a suggestion to stop this problem…
At Level 100, Players are awarded the Apprentice Treasure Hunter Perk
- -By this time, players will have a really good idea of what CLASS of Mech they are Focusing on: Physical, Heat or Energy
- -Let’s say the approximate chances of getting each CLASS of item in a loot box is 33.3% (ie. roughly equal chance of Yellow, Red or Blue, and if not, Tacticsoft can program the RNG to do so)
- -At Level 100, with this Perk, players can choose to DOUBLE their chances of getting a specific CLASS of item…
- -eg. Let’s say I’m Focusing on Heat Mechs… I can select Heat items as my focus, and my chance of getting Red items is now 66.7%, while the chance of getting Yellow decreases to 16.7% and Blue also 16.7%
- -I now get a better chance of getting the items I’m looking for, and being able to complete my Mech (don’t get me wrong, it’ll still be tough, but at least knowing my chances are better than completely random keeps me going)
- -SuperMechs can place a simple button called [PERKS] on the title screen, just above [RAID], after the player reaches Level 100. From there, the Perk can be explained and players can select their Focus. This can be changed later on if wanting to work on a different CLASS of Mech.
At Level 150, Players are rewarded the Master Treasure Hunter Perk
- -By now, your Mech is competing at the top levels, but could still use some tweaks. Doubling your chances of getting Yellow, Red or Blue items is still not getting you what you need
- -At Level 150, with this Perk, players can choose to DOUBLE their chances of getting a specific TYPE of item…
- -Let’s say the chances of getting a Torso/Legs item vs. a Weapon item vs. a Modules/Gear Item is 33.3% each (ie. roughly equal chance of each TYPE, and if not, Tacticsoft can program the RNG to do so)
- -So my chance of getting the right CLASS (Yellow, Blue or Red) is already DOUBLED from the Apprentice Treasure Hunter Perk, but now, my chances of finding the right TYPE of loot (Torso/Legs, Weapon, Modules/Gear) are also DOUBLED
- -eg. If I choose to Focus just on Weapons, I get a 66.7% chance of finding a Weapon, and 16.7% chance of finding a Torso/Leg item, and another 16.7% chance of finding a Module/Gear item.
-Now the math whizzes among you will see that you have now QUADRUPLED your chances of getting that Yellow Claw, or Red Crimson Rapture. Overall, chances are still low, but at least better than completely random.
I hope that all makes sense. The Bottom Line is that after 150 Levels of SuperMechs, life should be a little bit easier finding that specific item you’re looking for, rather than a totally random crapshoot.
- I like the idea of higher chances of more specific loot, as suggested
- I like the idea of higher chances of more specific loot, but maybe in a different way (please explain)
- I prefer to keep my treasure finds completely random (please explain… )