So we got Heat… we got Energy… we got Physical… now introducing a 4th Faction…
In other words… NANOTECHNOLOGY
- This is SuperMechs Reloaded Ladies and Gentleman… let’s get something cool and modern into the game… I’m not talking immediately… I’m saying, let’s phase it in… start it off as a Non-playable, Campaign only faction (this would actually pair very nicely with my 3v3 Invasion Mode Idea)… then slowly make it playable in PvP
- I wanted to suggest a faction with it’s own unique playstyle, but easy enough for Tacticsoft to put in, without much Graphics or Programming work. Nanotech’s damage increases over time. Early Ranged attacks build up a damage multiplier, and then when ready, Nanotech closes in for the kill. Nanotech will have various abilities to allow early survival until it’s multiplier is built up.
- I suggest the color Green. It plays like a Ranger. It’s mortal enemy is Phys (think Green Lantern Corps vs Sinestro Corps). While Phys likes to close in and just clobber opponents, Nano ducks and dodges, peppers them with preparatory attacks, and then finishes off their weakened foe.
To keep things simple and easy to incorporate, NanoTech weapons use Physical damage and are affected by Physical Resist. Nano weapon damage starts off in the same ballpark as Heat and Energy (ie. definitely less than Phys)
In addition to Phys damage, Nano weapons deal Infestation Damage. The weapons basically “Infest” their opponents with NanoTechnology that increase damage of future attacks. Nano weapons will typically do 5-10% Infestation Damage per attack. In the screenshot below, cousin_joe is 38.5% Infested meaning each attack by the opponent is multiplied by 1.385 (eg. an attack dealing 200 damage does 277 damage)
- Typically, long-distance weapons will be lower in Phys damage, but higher in Infest damage. Melee weapons will be higher Phys damage, but lower in Infest damage.
- Nano Melee weapons like the Scythe do high Phys damage. They will also be the first weapons to feature Siphon (a form of Lifesteal - basically Nanotech returns some of the damage back as health - again, maybe 5-10% range). Again, Nano needs to survive long enough to take advantage of it’s multiplier.
- Nanos will need weapons that keep them in the fight. This is a special weapon which can disable enemy weapons, drones or legs for 1-3 rounds helping the NanoMechs’ chances of survival until their damage multiplier increases. It would look like a satellite dish mounted on the Mech’s shoulder. See my Crippler Idea for more details on how this would work
- Nano Torsos would be pretty standard with the usual stats. The only addition would be a small add-on to Infestation damage (eg. Infestation damage +0.25% (common) to +1.5% (mythical)). Green lights
- Nanos do not walk, they hover… 3 spaces to be exact. They also do not stomp, nor can they be stomped. They can Charge. The high mobility is to help stay away from the Physicals
Logarithmic Drone (Log Drone for short)
- keeping with Nano’s theme of increasing damage over time, the Log Drone does 10-20 dmg 1st shot, then 20-40 2nd shot, 40-80 3rd shot, 80-160 4th shot, and 160-320 from 5th shot onwards. Starts slow but is very powerful at the end.
- I know repair drones are not popular, but come on, this is NanoTech . It would be a small amount (25-75 HP) in keeping with Nano’s theme of trying to stay alive until the damage multiplier is high enough
- I know they are not in game yet, but I proposed an idea for re-introducing Heat and Energy Shields. These were 2-use Shields that blocked 20-60% of incoming damage for one whole turn. Well, NanoMechs would have a Stealth Generator version of this shield, which is 1-use, but would block 75-100% of incoming damage for one turn.
There are no specific resists to Infestation Damage (how could you resist the Nanotech Infestation?). However, to make it simple, Tacticsoft would have to create a new slot for a consumable I would call Nano Cleanse Kit. This is a Single Use item that would reduce Infestation by a small amount.
10kg kit = 10% Reduction of Infestation Damage, 15kg kit =15% Reduction and 20kg kit = 20% Reduction. Players decide which kit they want to carry but they can only carry one. It would take one action point to use the kit and reduce the Infestation damage
Anyways, that’s some rough ideas for now. Again, the idea would be to introduce it as a Campaign enemy initially, and then make it playable later. The new technologies introduced here would make for a more interesting and strategic game and could be used by some of the other Mech factions. I realize current strategy and balance needs some work, but this might be something to look at more long-term to keep SuperMechs exciting and interesting for years to come
Thoughts? As always, I would appreciate any Feedback or Suggestions
- I would love to eventually see Nanotechnology as a 4th faction in SuperMechs, as described or similar
- I would like to see a 4th faction in SuperMechs, but have other ideas
- I am not interested in a 4th faction for SuperMechs