I Tried To Draw My Mech

A few years ago, I used to be the best at drawing. I drew just about anything, especially vehicles. I’m very out of practice now. So when I tried to draw my current mech, it was sure to be bad. What made it worse was that I didn’t have my laptop, so I couldn’t copy my mech. I had to remember it instead. This lead to problems. My drone looked more like a coke can with fins rather than a heatpoint. My burning shower looked more like vertical red rain. And I forgot what some bits of rolling beasts looked like. Well, here is my bad drawing.

And here is the real thing.
25%20pm
Yeah, I could do much better. If you want to say anything to teach me, go ahead. What would you rate my bad drawing?

• The Worst (obviously)
  • Bad
  • Medium
  • Good
  • The Best???

0 voters

4 Likes

be honest, people

1 Like

its better than me drawing at 5am

2 Likes

Heh, not that good, sure, but it has some potential…^^
Personnally, I’m the complete opposite of you: I can’t draw by following a model…

Also, what I usually do when I get an idea of drawing is imaginating the drawing in 3D, beforehand…
Kinda like video games’ 3D models…
And then, I imagine that I move the point of view around them, so that I get a clear idea of what is where, and then only I choose a specific point of view to draw (and since I know the exact spacial place of things in the drawing, I usually don’t have perspective problems ^^)

I say that because the persepective problem near the torso-legs jonction is hurting my eyes ^^

I won’t give you all my drawing tricks because it would takes some time, space, and for some, I couldn’t explain, I simply do them naturally…

1 Like

Lol, no one has voted the worst. Yet.

That’s good… Better than what I can draw.

It’s bad… and you’ll need A LOT of practice, seriously i’m a artist

i know what it takes… practice is the only way to improvement, it takes time but… nothing will last long without effort.

3 Likes

Weird flex but okay.

3 Likes

Reminds me, you’ve been drawing for how many eons ?
And Destruction, when did he started drawing ?

Because what you said is a bit rude and egocentric/egoist/selfish/whatever_you_want_that_is_close_enough_in_meaning if you spend your whole life drawing as job and passion, while he only started one or two years ago…
(I know, I exagerate, but my point still stand)

1 Like

I began drawing seriously when I was about 9. But when I was 10, I gave up completely. And now I just drew my first picture in 4 years. Those old pictures bring back so many memories…

2 Likes

Selfish you say?
Nah! i’m convinced of my skill as an artist, it’s NOT easy and it demands a lot of practice. And know what… my level is still low and shitty.
Since i was 8 i started drawing, never had too much time for it… school and friends and kid stuff hindered my evolution.
Nowadays i try my best to learn AND to always improve.
ALSO :slight_smile: nothing i said was rude in my opinion… people must fail… they fotta learn from their mistakes… so by that they can grow strong ( mind as well ) to not be soy lords nor crybabies.
My life is dedicated to unleashing the salt… so that the weak minded people can have a chance to learn HOW to grow.

text wall… yep

1 Like

Oop!
That drawing i made… 2 to 3 days to finnish…
Yes… procastination is worse than cancer.
bye

1 Like

2 Likes

I’a artist so I’m fine