🐐 GOAT VI. The Spring GOAT

:seedling::herb::evergreen_tree: :goat::goat::goat: :evergreen_tree::herb::seedling:

Hear thy, hear thy.
Pilots and Pilotess, it is with great honnor that I announce The Sixth Edition of the GOAT The Spring GOAT Tournament, the single most prestigious and challanging tournament in SM history.
Dear possible participants of this event, here is what you have to do:
Enter your ingame name, and your GMT hour (so the Organizer places you with someone close to u).
You will be then put into a tournament here on forum.
This is the sign-up phase of the tournament.
After this is over, and we have our participants.
The participants have to submit their builds, screenshots(torso,wepons,utility,modules) of the builds they will use, to the Organizer.
They will be analysed so that no rules are broken.

THE RULES:
The tournament is piramidal.
Build a mech using only lvl 1 epic, rare, common items.
Fight the designated opponent for advancement.
Do not use any legendary, mythical, legacy items in your builds.
Do not upgrade your items over lvl 1 epic (rares and commons can be upgraded)
There is time frame in which you have to fight your opponent, 48h i think should be enough.
The winner advances to fight again.
The loser can still participate for fun, with others that have lost.
The format of matches is without floor pads.
Due to some wepons beeing a bit overwhelming we have decided that these will not be allowed in the GOAT Tournament :

• HB, HeatBomb, it is way to much, and requiers special setup to be countered.

• EMP, same as HB.

• Tonto(aka ShortyRange), its dmg output is similar to a NF, and provides to much DPS for this type of Tournament.

• Electrolyte(aka ShortShocker), same as Tonto.

• Franatic Flame. This is a skill based tournement, thus luck is beeing limited.

• Franatic Brute. Same as Flame.

Cheating means disqualification.

Have fun.
This is meant to be a clean, creative, and skill based tournament… but most important FUN.

Also if you have an ideea for improving the fun factor, gameplay, feel free to post it here, or on the discord server that @WinzKay has setup for us, to test and play GOAT for fun.

PS: Thank you all for makeing this happen, these tournaments couldn’t have taken place if I wouldn’t have had your support as a comunity.
PS II : We can talk about the impact the Arena Points have on this Tournament

1. I feel that due to the fact that most wepons used in this tournament are lowish in terms of dmg, the heat dmg, energy dmg, are also lowish:
    1.1 highest dmg weapon in this tournament is : rapid destruction with a dmg of 72- 118, that meens if you dial in the 20%(assumed since i dont think anybody has that), the dmg will become 91- 137 .
    1.2 highest energy drain weapon in this tournament is : malice beam, with a drain of 41, augmented by a 20%(assume since the same reasson as above), goes to 48 drain dmg.
    1.3 highest heat dmg wepon in this tournament is : corupt light, with a heat dmg of 31, augmented by 20%(assumed), goes up to 37 heat dmg
    1.4 the heat and energy caps, are also going up a bit, thus providing a better protection against heat and energy builds.

The impact of them on 900-1100 hp mechs,that is the average of what i have seen in builds, these do not influence that much as it does on fully mythed builds.
2. It will kinda send the signed up players, to incline their builds towards what aspect was augmented the most in the Arena Points, thus i feel that this will influence the freedom of the builds a bit. But i think we can overcome it.
3. The matches will be faster, due to the fact that dmg has increased.
4. The sign up will remain open for 2 weeks, so that you guys can gather your needed items to build the mech you want.
5. Another week can be granted after sign up, to further allow player to tune in their builds, due to the fact that evry type needs certain items for their builds.
PS2: It is my great pleasure to have this tournament, and i am happy if you guys like it, and want to be a part of this. I have to thank @Smirk, @Berserk40000 , for their suport on this, and i hope not to let you guys down, because you guys actualy deserve the best that can be done in this comunity.
On this special ocasion, we will have a special guest, please give a warm welcome to one of the Pioneers of this Tournement, a guy that helped a whole lot in makeing this happen, the one and only : @Elcent.
And since we don’t know how much time, the BD side of the forum is going to be with us, i would like to to dedicate this tournement to our coleagues from the other game :
“The Spring BD GOAT”

With humbleness and joy, yours El Metre

The St. Patrick's Portal is OPEN! [17.03]

I’m in :))

Winter Goat for me and all the pacifica peeps in here

sign me up

altho i havent built a goat really…

gmt -6 no dst

First of all,I’m in.I love this thing!

Second of all,what about the Short Heater or whatever it’s called?Shouldn’t it also be dismissed?

Here is a KING OF THE GOAT SING IN
Sohoku Gamer
GMT:+08:00

Neah.
Test have shown that it isnt an OP item…actualy it is even inferior to the nerfed Heat Point.

You mean “everybody” :question:
(like “all”)

Because “anybody” in this context means “a few” :exclamation:

Arena Shop is now open since a long long time, so most players have allready a lot maxed there :exclamation:

:wink:

I’m in @El_Metre !

This’ll be my first GOAT so i’m hella excited :slight_smile:

IGN : Lord Curzon
GMT : 05:30

Sing me up too)

ign: JustAndromedaInShape

GMT+3

Last GOAT I made it to quarter-finals with a build I made in 5 minutes :))

hopefully I can do better this time :))

Can you beat me this time?!?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

maybe, maybe not

I am not cocky and will not assume I am greater than anyone :))

How about the rock recoiler?can they use it?

Is someone willing to have a test ?

Oops, i didn’t mean to reply to you Winzkay

Of course you can test anyone for your building anytime

Ok, lets have a test

Meet me in chat

Lordy, join the discord, there are alot of GOATs there, and you can test and have fun in it.

I AM SO IN !!!

It is allowed.
Test showed that it us quite the fun item in this tournement format.
Too bad the rocket flyer thingy is LM only, would have been fun to have it in GOAT.
Flying GOATs thru arena.
:wind_face: :goat: