Frantic brute, The most Bullshit weapon

So I was watching a replay of top rankers, one had a maxed frantic brute and the other had a anti phys with 110+ res, obviously all other physical weapons won’t deal much damage but… Frantic Brute just did 600 damage… If that doesn’t scream unbalanced then I don’t know what the hell does

18 Likes

It’s naturally a luck-based weapon, so it’s going to involve a lot of BS. It’s even funny when I deploy the wrong mech (my one w/o phys resist) and FB hits 80s or 120s. It’s just not worth the risk to use IMO.

17 Likes

yep is a luck based weapon and i hate when im unlucky vs one like if i encounter one guy with 2 max mythical frantic brutes and uses all of those and those uses do max damage then your mech is shredded because 632 x 4= 2.528 damage without arena buffs or you get around it and if are lucky you get between 300-499 damage not this insanely high damage.

2 Likes

i too think its bs.
it can do 700+ damage but the damage cap is about 600.
ts get on that.

1 Like

a little mortal reminder

You ahould see one of my replays against a dual user of that sheet.
Punk got lucky as flwack, hit 500+ on each hit, almost won if he wouldnt have noobed out, on the second mech.
I dislike it very much, since it employs no skill wahtsoever… just luck.

8 Likes

I maxed one for shits and giggles. mine almost always hits under 100 hp meanwhile ive never been hit with less than 500 hp by my opponent’s. That goes for the flamer brute as well

2 Likes

I hate this weapon
It’s like a pull on the slot machine

Throws all strategy, positioning and planning out the window

3 Likes

This whole game has become luck/money biased there’s no skill needed anymore. You either unload your bank account and build a magma molester or just randomly button mash and hope for the best. With the very few exceptions of a handful of free to play people.

3 Likes

My opinion
Game revolves around claw ,frantic brute ,rock recoiler,heat bomb etc all the noob weapons so it doesn’t matter if you’re the richest person in the world or the poorest
You can’t compete if you don’t have these weapons mainly the claw in my opinion

3 Likes

What about common items like burning legs and corrupt light?

I completely agree that ppl who dual use FB’s usually have damage potential on there side. I think it’s Op and can’t stand the weapon based on the lack of strategy it creates. It’s not enuf that we have to deal with luck at mech selection but now with weapons…I Had a battle recently and I won the first match with a 1000+hp’s Left and his second mech had dual FB’s and one round from him shredded what was left of my first mech…that’s just silly

3 Likes

I’m new to super mechs but I got shot by a legendary frantic brute a few weeks ago that did almost 400 dmg

1 Like