As promised, here is a topic in regards to the Factions event to get feedback and suggestions, should we ever try to hold a similar event again. Please share any and all criticism on the EVENT ITSELF. I ask that you do not focus on individuals. You can never fully control people, but we CAN control the rules and how the event itself works to try to improve.
So first, please answer the below poll so I can get a general idea of how people felt overall
- Enjoyed and would play again
- Enjoyed, but would not play again
- Did not enjoy, but would play again
- Did not enjoy and would not play again
As for what we as the organizers noticed, we saw the following as issues and their possible fixes:
1. If your faction loses, there’s no longer anything to do
1. If Faction leader is conquered (by another faction, not a betrayer) the faction will get disbanded and re-randomized into all the other Factions (using an algorithm to spread the players based on rank among the remaining teams)
2. Number of players leaders had to organize were overwhelming
1. Split the Factions up into more teams based on number of players.
2. Give Faction leaders more co-leads to bring with them for assistance
3. Rewards based on top 50 individual ranks encouraged building over warring
1. Top faction gets rewards (but could end up being a LOT of players)
2. Top individuals in the WINNING faction get rewards
4. Leaders power was more than just figurehead
1. Remove the ability for leads to kick or make it extremely costly to do so (i.e.- 500 energy to boot 1 member)
5. How Faction Leads are chosen
1. Leader is voted to be in charge at tick 50, whomever is most powerful on the world becomes the first leader with 1 vote.
2. Allow for community based votes for leads who volunteer
6. Factions being created at tick 50 was messy
1. Increase the tick pause time for people to place their colonies and then do the randomization immediately upon tick start
7. It took forever to get into a Faction when I joined late
1. More attention via admin running event
2. Multiple admin's run and cycle to keep activity high
3. Set up a specific time daily for randomizer to go into effect
Please tell me if there are any other issue’s you’d like to be addressed in the above and I will add it. Please remember, this is for constructive criticism in order to help make this kind of event better for the future. Please do keep in mind however, even if a solution seems good, sometimes it simply cannot be done unfortunately.