Discord Server. Please?

TS should make a discord server for SM, change my mind.

Well, having a discord server for SM would be better. Why? Discord is faster, smoother, and easier to handle than the software used in the TS Community Forums. Images would be sent faster, chatting would be improved, and TS Devs/Mods can make announcements faster. The whole point of making a discord server is to making everything faster. That’s not to say that the TS Community Website is shit, I mean it kinda is, but it also has some neat features. But its just my opinion, I’m fine if it takes forever for an SM discord server to pop up, and I’m fine if it will never be made.

1 Like

yes, you are right TS should make an official discord server of SM

1 Like

We have the unnoficial atm

1 Like
5 Likes

TS don’t own SM anymore :eyes:

3 Likes

Nice to see you Elcent but also there is an offical Discord.

TheRealTehcLahb, no thanks, I prefer this forum.

Is there a huge difference?

In what way is chatting improved?

I don’t see that being an issue on the forum. Type a reply on the forum. Then, hit the reply button. Massage send immediately. And if an admin needs to pin a topic, I can’t imagine it being difficult to do.

Let’s do a breakdown on the reasons I prefer the forum over Discord.

Features

When I look at the forum’s features, I see this:

When I look at Discord’s features on the phone, I see this:

By the way, I couldn’t take a photo of these features on Discord with my PC since the tooltip features/options would disappear before I could select it for a photo. That’s a con for me. I ended up taking a photo on my phone instead.

In comparing the photos above, I see the forum has a lot more features than Discord. For instance, the forum has a poll, whereas it isn’t obvious how to make a poll on Discord if there’s even that option available.

Viewable Texting Space

The forum is set-up more like a word processor layout, while Discord more akin to a phone texting layout. With that said, Discord looks more clutter, while the forum looks roomy.

Looking at the photos below, you can see the difference:

Layout

Another reason I prefer the forum’s layout is because it looks organized. In the photo below, I see what’s going on for each topic: frequent posters, replies, activities, etc.

Categories

Speaking of organized, in the photo below, I can switch categories with easy. Then, I can look at all the topics within that category.

Read Time

In the photo below, there’s a lot of info. I think the most important info for random viewers is the “Summarize This Topic” info describing the total replies and the read time, so there’s no mystery on the read time.

Translator

There’s a convenient option to use a translator on the forum. That’s a plus for communicating with people who has a foreign language.

Target Audience & Topic Theme

I feel the forum is set-up for a bigger audience, while I get the impression Discord is set-up for a smaller group of people.

With that said, the chats on the forum are more focus by topics, while Discord is basically one huge off-topic chat. On Discord, people mainly talk on the server’s main channel about whatever.