Current meta and how to counter it | Builds based on Epic to Myth items

I think this can be a nice place where we can analize the curent builds and see the strong points and weak points of it.
So let’s make it on each type of build:
Phis:
Energy free builds:
The most common is the dual anihilation, nighteagle, void, hook and charge.
ex1 :

modules setup wedingo:
6 epic plates maxed.
2 cooling modules myth maxed.
ex2 :
modules setup avenger:
5 epic plates maxed.
2 heat engines myth maxed.
1 cooling module myth maxed.
Pros:

1. high health. They vary from 2330, using a Wendingo torso, to 2445 using an Avenger.
  2. high dmg output, at ranges 1-3. Be it dual hits from anihilation, or the nigheagle pull, and anihilation shot.
    3.Has 2 closing the range utility items, possible 3 with teleport.
    4.Decent cooling, be it 196 cooling on Avenger, or as high as 238, using Wendingo,or Zakares.
  3. 2 wepons that don’t need energy, nor do they generate heat.
    Cons:
  4. low heat cap, even with high cooling, the heat cap is low, so when faced against power heaters, be dual CL users, be dual flamers, they can get overheated.
  5. Low energy, their drone and their top wepon, needs energy, if they get drain, they will lose the drone.
  6. limited mobility, against push mechs, be they heat or energy, they will always fall out of range fast.
    In the case of beeing drained, they will need to hop hop to use their wepons, or use their utility items to get into range. Against heaters, they will most likely lose on turn, because of the low heat cap.
  7. can be easyly countered with dual teleports, and wepons that push hard, legacy bully, push etc.
    This design can be adjusted by replacing one anihilation for Mercy, if you have it. The efficency of Mercy is that it has push, and if the rolls are on your side, hit alot harder then anihilation.
    Low energy-Phis builds:
    The most common use, is the single/dual anihilation, nightfall, nighteagle, void drone, hook and charge, build:

Modules setup wedingo:
    4 epic plates maxed.
    2 energy engines myth maxed.

Modules setup avenger:
    3 epic plates maxed.
    1 heat engine myth maxed.

Modules setup Zakares:
    5 epic plates maxed.
    1 energy engine myth maxed.
    Pros:
  8. Decent hp, 2040 to 2339.
  9. high dmg at ranges 2-5, be it combination of anihilation and nightfall, night eagle and anihilation, nighteagle and nightfall, or dual nightfalls.
    3.Has 2 closing the range utility items, possible 3 with teleport.
    4.Decent cooling, be it 196 cooling on Avenger, or as high as 238, using Wendingo,or Zakares.
  10. can cover a wider range then the enrgy free builds.
  11. Can tank better against enrgy mechs, since they have higher initial enrgy, that absorbs drain dmg, and also regeneratio, that acts like a buffer.
    Cons:
  12. it is energy dependant, so getting drained, will leave you only with one wepon and the utility items to be used.
  13. Lower health, means that if faced with a pure phis user, you will be likely killed, due to the fact that it can outsurvive you.
  14. All wepons, except anihilation generate heat, so against heaters, strong ones, with either Dual CL, or Dual flames, they can Overheat you faster.
  15. At range 1, you have only stomp and anihilation as wepons, it is a lower dmg zone for you.
    High energy -phis builds :
    These build deploy dual nightfalls, paired with nighteagle, posibly a lavascope for that cornershot,void drone, hook, charge.They aren’t widley spread, since they trade alot of hp for high energy, they can be the hard counter for common energy builds.

Modules setup Sith:
    4 epic plates maxed.
    2 energy engines myth maxed

Modules setup Brutality:
    3 epic plates maxed.
    2 energy engines myth maxed

Modules setup Brutality 2:
    3 epic plates maxed.
    3 energy engines myth maxed.

Modules setup Wedingo:
    3 epic plates maxed.

Modules setup Zakares:
    3 epic plates maxed.
    Pros:
  16. Decent hp 1895 to 2049.
    2.high dmg output at range 2-5, and some also at 8. Combos of nighteagle with anihilation, dual night eagle, and the ocasional teleport and lavascope shot, are excelent high dmg combos.
  17. high energy cap, with alot of dmg potential befor beeing drained.
  18. some can breack distance using terror cry, or position the enemy for future combos. Push the enemy further and further away, to be setup for the lavascope shot.
  19. Can deny certain areas, specialy the corners, and does well against push mechs.
    Cons:
    1.Lower health, against high dmg build, be them phis or enrgy or heat, can get outdamaged.
    2.Low heat caps, they can get overheated by certain heat builds, specialy CL or flamers.
  20. Range could be a problem to them, since they only have 1 anihilation, and stomp.
  21. They can still get drained, 2 shots of ash generator and windforge/faceshoker, drain 484, 2 shots of valiant sniper and windforge/faceshoker drain 454.
  22. Myth protectors, the phis res ones provide 59 res, and can get the total phis resistance to 81, that is 30% dmg reduction, shields that can also cover 10-20% of the dmg, means you deal 140-160ish dmg per shot.
    6.getting cornered by big phis builds.

Heat:
heat builds in my opinion are the hardest thing to build, because of lacking good range epic to myth range 2 wepons.
The enrgy free wepons for heat are only legendary to myth ones, they are rare as hell, but well worth it.
The only wepons available to heat as epic to myth are:
Corupt Light, Supreme Cannon,Dawnblaze, Dessolation, Savagery, so the builds that are here will be based on these items.Also will be using Terror cry phis wepon.
Mid enegy heat builds:

Modules setup Sith:
3 epic plates maxed.
2 cooling modules myth maxed

Modules setup Wedingo:
3 epic plates maxed.
1 cooling modules

Modules setup for Brutality.
3 epic plates maxed.
1 cooling modules

2 epic plates maxed.
3 heat engines myth maxed.
1 cooling modules myth maxed.
2 enegy engines myth maxed.

4 epic plates maxed.
2 enegy engines myth maxed.
Pros:
1.decent hp 1759 to 2110.
2. mid-high heat cap, with above average cooling.
3. can deal dmg all across the arena.
4. decent energy cap, can handle some energy mechs.
5. has all the utility items, teleport, hook, charge.
6. Has huge finishing potential, if done right.
7. drone doesn’t need energy.

Cons:
1.hard to mastered, even if it looks straight foward,but they requier certain patters to be followed, when fighting each type.
2. Once it get’s drained, only wepons available are, stomp, desolation, and the utility items.
3. vulnerable at range 1, specialy to anihilation users.
4.Can accidently overheat itself, when using lavascope.

Heat isnt my strong point since i am lacking some of the items, i would like some of the better ones take a shot at the other builds for heat, using maybe also the energy free ones. @Fluxeon, @Wepwawet, @Rovolution.

Energy:
Energy, the curent OP meta of the game.
Why is energy strong, well on it’s own it isn’t, but is the most straight foward out of all the builds.
While phis focuses on dmg alone, and heat can be focused on either dmg(reckoning and magma blast builds, dawnblaze builds,supream cannon and abomination) and heat generation(CL,grimsom rupture,sorrow), energy has this wonderfull thing called drain dmg, so be it that you go dmg oriented enrgy(bunker shell,ultrabright,buldog), be it that you go for pure drain(ash generator,valiant sniper,malice beams,histerya). In a pound for pound dmg + drain dmg, energy hits the hardest.
Some will say, no, but they have never been on a reciving end of 2 bunker shells and faceshocker combo(if drained it hits in the close vecinity of 1300 dmg).
But even as it is energy, has been the subject of debate for so long, as beeing the Top Tier build since the launch of the SM Reloaded.
But i will say this, the actual strengh of Energy, comes from the modules, the myth hp plates and myth protectors.
but let’s look at what an epic-myth build can do :

“free” items build :
Using only hysteria, malice beams, and last words, and face shoker :

Modules setup Avenger:
3 epic plates maxed.

Modules setup Brutality:
3 epic plates maxed.
4 energy engines myth maxed.

Modules setup Wedingo:
3 epic plates maxed.

Modules setup Zakares:
3 epic plates maxed.

Modules for Grim setup:
4 epic plates maxed
1 cooling module.

Modules for Sith setup:
3 epic plates maxed.
Pros:

1. Decent hp 1778 to 2090
  2. high drain dmg, from range 2-6
  3. some have decent cooling.
  4. Push, distance breack while dealing dmg, with last words.
  5. Can accomodate lightning gate dual teleport.
  6. covers all ranges.
  7. damages the energy cap.

Cons:

1. low hp, if rolls are on your oponents side, you will get hurt.
  2. low heat cap, heaters, CL users, and specialy flamers will overheat you fast.
  3. low dmg if you can’t drain.
  4. requiers patterns against each type of mech you fight.
  5. start dependant, but if start is at range 5, you will likely win.
  6. don’t get cornered.

@ToxicDoll, would you like to pitch in your pink bunny build?

Double Corrupt Light is Stupid
I am confused so plz help
Hi, I'm besto21! Help me with builds!
Top Players Guide! [After SM Reload]
What do you think about my robot?
Calling all top players (for a challenge...)
Newbies Tips: After Reloaded
Newbies Tips: After Reloaded
It's good build?
Progress of primary build

I feel all well thought out builds have a place in the game right now, I also feel weapons, drones, utility weapons and parts like torsos and legs are well balanced. What needs to happen to increase the playability and balance of the game now though is a module rework, they need to make free modules of all types that go up to at least legendary. They can keep the mythic modules as a cash carrot if they wish. But module ballance is something that needs to happen, the gap between free modules and pay modules is to great as it is now. Once they do that I feel players will feel they have more of a chance when they face a cash player like myself. It will help calm the community and help rebuild the player base.

A mixed type and varied top 10 is always a good sign of game ballance.

Awesome post!
Heat mech should be separated in 2 categories…
Damage oriented and heat oriented…
In my opinion it’s better to be one or the other and not trying to do both…

Tricky part is how heat mech heat themselves… and They don’t deal as much damage as physical and can become useless against energy mech…

Many good setup, I can’t think of a best one… depends on the play style your looking for…
My full heat setup has many flaws ( not having a myth plate is the first one)

But it’s so satisfying to shutdown an opponent 2-3 turns in a row…

This is an awesome post, thak you for your efforts.

can i have the modules for the brutality heat build? i wanna build it :slight_smile:

Will upload the modules setups for all the builds.
It is still a work in progress.
Feel free to contribute with builds of your own.

can i post my major energy build with the valiant?

Thanks Ge.
It is a work in progress, I want it to be like that topic @KilliN made befor the SM Reloaded, where he shown all the builds, that was the most unselfish thing i saw on this forum. But i dont have all the items to make all the builds, that’s why i asked the comunity for some help.
Tagged you cause i know you use a top tier heater, and i like it. Only asking for pics of the builds, i can write the setups, but will lack the pics for them.
Cheers

Here is my mediocre energy build with the valiant.

Specials :

Modules :

Pros :

• High damage when enemy is drained . (aproximately 800 damage on average)
  • Drains regeneration , up to 26 per turn.
  • Counters somewhat ok heat mechs.
  • Death sentence for low enery physical mechs

Cons :

• Bad against high energy Heat/Phys mechs
  • Bad vs double valiants or 600+ energy cap mechs.
  • Dies to double nighfall / annihilation if the enemy has 400 energy.

Thanks Preccious Gem.
Specialy for you remade the brutality just now:

@El_Metre, I don’t understand why all the builds you posted use only free items? Your Super high energy physicals as an example. if you put a maxed mythic resistance and a mythic plate with 2 nightfalls and an annihilation it would be a top 10 mech easily with those items and its heat and energy. And it would own my design because it would beat me in 6 to 8 turns before I could 0 it. It is not a 100% win but that design wins 3 or 4 out of 5 matches with me. I have considered replacing my bunker shell with a Last word that would make me more effective vs that build but I would be less effective vs others. Basically that is what this game is about trading off one thing to be effective vs one but not so effective vs another. Even better is the 2 annihilation and a mythic resistance because ash creators do not lower resistance.

Mythic resistance plays a big part in beating my type of build because ash creators before 0ing only do 213 damage 213 - 60 = 153 if you use anilations and close in on me, forcing ash creators vs annihilation, annihilation are doing around 600 per 2 turns ash creators are doing around 300 max per 2 turns. Even after drain the annihilation does about the same amount of damage as the ash creator. ofcourse you need the mythic resistance. Vs my build anyway because I have higher hp than most energies like mine because I use 2 mythic plates and physical rollers, still I am under 2000 HP though.

I am probably one of the few people in this game that will explain exactly how to beat them… :yum:

problemweapons: Faithful stell max epic 73 kg and legendary 73 kg then faithful stell weak than legendary, pff should changed kg

simply it goes or it breaks :gentle_smile:

Lol, that reminds me of the Pakled from Star Trek.

funny sourcille lol :feutré:

“I was happy, but I didn´t know” … says a song …

for a long time I wanted to have a “Mercy” to my phys. In the end I got it, it’s true, have a little more dmg than annihilation, but it’s very heavy! So he forced me to do magic and I had to change all the constructions.

The result was that I lost HP in 2 of my mechs … now I have the doubt if Mercy is so good …

As always, I return to the beginning of everything, if one had myth HP plates … how many problems could solve! But with me they are fighting, they are banned to me.

Just a “typo” (mistake), english isn’t his native language. May we forgive him :exclamation:

:wink:

Yes true, I thought the same, but since he react very upset, if I correct him, I didn’t write it :exclamation:

:slight_smile:

We all :heart: @KilliN, so we know that meaning would be nonsense :grey_exclamation:

:wink:

i think im just lost

we can alter the builds in any way we want.
But like i said, i don’t use the myth plates, or protector, since they are so out of reach for most of us.
I can make builds using them,but only on papper.
The module setups will be in written form, since we are lacking pics on them.
i will also make builds using the legendary-myth items(bunkershells,magma blasts,valiants and forth), but in written form, since i don’t all the requiered items.
I asked if you could pinch in a pic of your build, so that the data base of pics can be bigger.
If you want i can only post it in written form.