Conquering AI Colonies

Hey all, I recently came in to check the new forums after some weird email from some random user and ended up putting a colony on m1 and was curious about how to conquer them. I looked around and I wasn’t able to find good info on them. so if you don’t mind i have some questions.

1. to be clear, the ai colonies are the ones with full names right? like john smith…
  2. do they build units at the beginning of a world? do they build units at all?
  3. are they placed progressively through the era or are they all placed at the first tick?
  4. what is the typical unit composition that people send in to conquer them? Or will i just have to find out on my own?
  5. do they rebel? How frequently do they rebel?

Thank you.

First of all:

Welcome back Life! Has been a VERY long time! Hope you’ll have fun.

Among others. I built a bit of a name generator to make all sorts of different AI’s. :slight_smile:

They do sometimes when they place. Not after though!

Progressively, though there’s a huge bonus early era and a huge penalty late era. Also: More units late era, less income early era. Mid era they got the best income. :slight_smile:

Find out yourself. They have a bit of a random factor to them.

Nope! But this may change eventually, depending on player demand.

Originally we were very scared players would get paranoid and start blaming admins for things lost in terms of AI, but we don’t mind experimenting a little. :slight_smile:

Thanks Alex.

Now you said,

Progressively, though there’s a huge bonus early era and a huge penalty late era. Also: More units late era, less income early era. Mid era they got the best income

I don’t understand this part. Could you say more?

They have a random amount of workers and the unit generator decides how many to generate prior to which it will generate.

Early era it’s set at a low worker count, low unit count, high chance of shield (tick 1 especially), high chance of being empty.

Towards the middle the worker count rises and rises, the unit count is capped quite quickly, and the chance of being empty is normalized almost immediately after the start, additionally the shield chance lowers.

End of era the worker count settles back down to a normal (but not high) level, the chance of being empty lowers, the unit count suddenly gets a huge buff, the shield chance is pretty much gone.

Essentially it reflects the desired flow: Early era, go for it! So much to get! Brave new worlds! Fight! At tick 100 so much awesome stuff is coming, don’t stop playing if you’ve a bad place now!

Mid era: Grow! Grow! Grow! Keep building! Look, more for you right around the corner!

End of era: Meh. This is pretty much over. Nothing to look forward to, things get harder. Either war or finish the era, stop expanding thanks.

:slight_smile:

Ok thanks again. I will have to re-read and experience things before I quite fully understand.

I wouldnt worry. It’s pretty much the same as conquering normal players, minor any potential flashes of guilt :stuck_out_tongue:

AI colonies build units? I thought they are spawned with or without units, and that amount stays static?

Half correct. They do build units. If you scan tick 1 AI colos, theyll be empty.

But they start building on spawn. :slight_smile: