❤ Congratulation to ALL winners ! ❤

I have a lot of respect for @Rising he has never said a cross word to me, he don’t even know me and he encouraged me when I first met him. He is one of the nicer players in the game. I wish more people acted like him. He also treated me with respect and that means a lot to me.

I don’t got anything against you, bud, but i find it kinda sad that there are still people that believe the “sphere earth” myth. The Earth is NOT a sphere and Australians and South Americans DO NOT have to wear harnesses keeping them attached to the Earth to survive (which is what they would need if it were a sphere)

Seemed to me you are saying Earth is flat, but I must have misunderstood your words :sweat_smile:

Seems to me you understand what I’m saying.

Pay attention to the borders then, or you may fall off!

Thats a misconception and something globe-heads don’t seem to comprehend. The borders are in antarctica (it surrounds the rest of the land) and are impossible to reach due to extreme weather. Fuel freezes at that point, so it is impossible to get there with or without mechanical means

The flat earth views sees the planet as a disk with all known land on that disk and surrounding that disk is antarctica like a pizza crust. I do not subscribe to this view of the world but I understand the concept. And people believing the earth is flat hurts me in no way, so who am I or anyone to say they are wrong.

One of my most favorite things in this world is a picture of Earth from the Voyager 1 Spacecraft and the accompanying description of that pale blue dot by Carl Sagan

"Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every “superstar,” every “supreme leader,” every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there–on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam… "

It kind of puts things into perspective for me.

Plot twist: There is no Earth.

There is no gravity the earth sucks…

For the ‘flat Earth/no gravity’ people:

Gravitational field strength of Earth = 9.81 N Kg^-1
The mean radius of the Earth = 6.37*10^6 m
Therefore disproven.

You did not get the joke… Think about it… There is no gravity the earth sucks…

Ofc, I fly around my house everyday.

The earth has no gravity… it sucks… do you not get that? It sucks get it? It is a joke…
It is a play on words meaning it sucks as it is bad and it literally sucks…

It sucks me in like the event horizon of a black hole. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am messing around with you people.

A singularity works a little different than the weak force of planetary gravity, though it is the same force. And radius has very little to do with gravity it is mass and density. A pulsar can be several times smaller than the earth but its gravity is 1000s of times greater because it is denser. A singularity is theorised to be the size of a baseball but its gravitational force can rip space. Gravity does not prove the shape of an object.

The true equation for gravity is

(Gm1,ms)
F ---------------
r2
where F = force , and m = mass and r = radius

Using that equation this would be the equation for earth's gravity.

6.67x 10`11 N.M2/kg2)m1(5.98x24kg)

G= -------
6.38x10 to the 6th power of M
Where M = mass G= is the force of gravity.

This of course is surface gravity, core gravity is much more complicated.

This was to show that the Earth is spherical not flat (independent of the gravity side).

A singularity is the endpoint of the black hole with infinite gravity and density. You say the singularity is the size of a baseball but I thought it had a large negative exponent? (I may be wrong because I haven’t been studying this yet in my A-level course). The event horizon is basically the point of no return because nothing will be able to escape the infinitely strong gravity of the black hole.

Yes, this is the gravitational constant but the Earth’s gravitational field strength is 9.81 N kg^-1 (confirmed by AQA A-level physics data and formulae set).

Gravitational field strength: g = F/m

Circles have a radius. Not just spheres. 3d is unnecessary for a radius to exist

And about gravity… there literally is no proof of it existing and no examples of it besides on a galactic scale, but the galaxy is just a bunch of “what if?” And nobody has ever been to anywhere but Earth. They just make pictures and graphs and say “this is us, this is another planet that we made up and named, etc.”

You must have very strong beliefs @Kaen
@ToxicDoll Is the formula you used F= (Gm1m2)/r² ? If so, this comes under the force between two masses (under gravitational fields) in my formula book because (ofc) the force (F) is the subject of the equation.