BOAT Servers for the Strong of Heart

I suggest we have committed BD servers where players can go for BOAT (Best Of All Time) scores without any interference from the Admin. Polls made by Admins to end world should be avoided on these servers!!!

I wouldn’t mind players delaying a world for BOAT scores, if that world is OKayed for BOATs.

Also having BOATs as a THING is good for the game, especially when we have medals that show BOATs.

• Yes. I need BOAT worlds because I am better than Senatus and want to show it :wink:
  • Nope. We don’t need BOAT worlds.

0 voters

How many voters don’t play BD.

Almost everyone who voted yes except 1 guy :smiley:

Wow, the voting sucks.
:stuck_out_tongue:

I so wanted to beat Senatus’ record!!! :frowning:

Ryus record u mean :stuck_out_tongue:

:open_mouth:

well, that would mean Senatus will soon return to the game. xD

just means this poll has become relevant now…

thanks for the update. i wouldn’t have realised that happened. lol

sheesh!

and i thought this would be a clean vote in favour of BOAT worlds.

whatever happened to the “KILL THEM ALL” spirit of BD!!!

:((((

Reasons people dislike BOATs:

• Only 1 person gets it
  • You have to plan it from the start or early on
  • You have to have a team support you even though you take away all their income and fun
  • You make a lot of people wait for the world to reset
  • Can easily cause teams to break apart or stabs to occur as reliant on 1 person
  • You probably won’t get a top 3 BOAT anyway
  • If you manage it at the rate they are being gotten you won’t have it for long… 1st has been taken 3 or 4 times this year alone?
  • BOATs used to indicate the best players. Not so sure about this anymore.

Also you ask for Admins to not interfere with BOAT on this world… no crystals on relics then?

edit: I think half the yes votes are from SM players

Reasons I prefer my idea:

Only 1 person gets it -
^ i do too… :slight_smile:

You have to plan it from the start or early on -
^ this is great, in my opinion - shows the importance of resolve and intent on the part of boaters

You have to have a team support you even though you take away all their income and fun -
^ also another reason for people in BD to “team up”, which is needed for the game… anything that inspires team ups are to be encouraged for the benefit of the game… even if they are to be around certain players…

You make a lot of people wait for the world to reset -
^ not a reason because those “lot” people now have non-BOAT committed worlds for them…

Can easily cause teams to break apart or stabs to occur as reliant on 1 person -
^ part of game; so this is good and fine and to be encouraged…

You probably won’t get a top 3 BOAT anyway -
^ may be so… but some others will…

If you manage it at the rate they are being gotten you won’t have it for long… 1st has been taken 3 or 4 times this year alone? -
^ EXACTLY… enough reason to “inspire” “top” players to stay in the game… :slight_smile:

BOATs used to indicate the best players. Not so sure about this anymore. -
^ BOATs these days indicate excellent players who have built a team/community around them, which is also another important indicator of good players…

currently, BOATs are not the best scores possible in BD because admin cuts short the world for the boaters. i would like to see the game taken to the extreme where max scores are obtained.

admins should continue to put crystals on relics as usual… do not know if they have any standard plumb lines to decide the number of crystals they put on relics as of now… think this is random… may be they need to think on this matter as well…

these arent good lol

this is a real problem, gotta know a bit about the impacts of getting a BOAT if you’re gonna make a suggestion about it eh? After Milan and Horo back to back boated e1, the next era was decimated population wise. “go play another world” is reductive

hahaha

just to summarize my opinion though, BOATs are shiny and cool, but bad for the overall health of the game and aren’t a measure of any kind of skill atm

As the person that’s probably gone for BOAT more than anyone else… Or at least more successfully:

Being one of the players in the BOAT list really means close to nothing at this point, and hasn’t for years really. It’s far too dependent on admin whims given crystal releases are quite arbitrary and scores don’t at all reflect the degree of competitiveness of a server/round. Eras with people going for BOAT, especially the way people aside from me seem to do it (with a supporting team that’s carrying them through the round), are some of the most boring eras.

If there was still such a thing as battle score a BOAT score might mean something, or if people couldn’t rely on a whole team plus allies to set their scores, or if crystal releases were somehow tied to how competitive a server is (objectively, which is hard if not impossible).

That’s not to say I don’t enjoy going for a great score, but that’s more because I like the way I have to play to go for a great score than for the BOAT in itself. I’m pretty sure if the BOAT score list was removed and I were to play again I’d still play the same way, and then just record the score I set for myself.

If anything I’d prefer a server like what Josh is doing, where the era is completely different every era, and to see the BOAT list/medals removed. It gives people a wrong target to aim for, in my opinion. Use the championship eras (if we ever have one again) to settle who the best players are, or in lieu of that spend endless hours arguing about it on Skype.