I didn’t let Milan grow. TLA did. I joined the era at tick 700. Everyone thought I was Tasty Malice (which is Malice of Wonderland). So those saying I was in JW and prepping anything were quite wrong. I planted tick 1 so I could watch event and then I was on vacation for 2 weeks in Hong Kong and didn’t log in once during that time. Came back around tick 600, started building structures up. Noticed JW team invited me to their alliance between tick 1 and 100 and saw they had 9 members. Jokingly joined them and then they asked me to stay. Then leader went absent and the members voted me as their new leader, THEN i found out TLA had their eyes on us and Milan was willing to help when they attacked. Why turn down help for an already grim looking scenario that I had no control over I even told Staffy that I had no intention of doing shiz to TLA and he responded that it didn’t matter and they were coming. So, I fought, got good allies (aka Milan) and the rest is history.
As for me fighting Milan, I have no issues fighting Milan if I START on equal footing. But Milan had nearly 1000 power by himself when I started logging into E1 more normally AND he was the one offering to help ME when TLA attacked. Why the hell would I turn down the help?! Sure, I could of turned on Milan DURING the war, however, TLA went from 100% kill milan to 100% quit within a matter of about 12 hours. Sorry I didn’t step up in that 12 hour period to turn on my benefactor who turned the tides of war in my favor at the time
DURING that short time frame (TLA war) however, Milan jumped from about 200 R5 to 500 as TLA all quit and let him nuke farm their armies. I had 10 R5 at this point. Gap became to wide for me to close when Milan happened to kill everything and was rolling much faster than I could try to keep up with. Hell, even around the world, he was killing random colonies with units because he no longer needed nukes and I still did to farm xp. Gap widening even more. So as for me actually backing down, sure. I’ll accept it. Was a headache not worth the effort. I’d have to get the entirety of the world to turn on Milan AND keep them active. Possible? Yes. Extremely hard to do? Very much so. Chances of success? Still low af.
My decision making in the process leading up to Milan’s backstab.
- Milan’s going to go for BoAT and the gap is huge. I was the most active in my team and my army was also extremely small (I fought entire TLA war with 150-200 veh, the rest was spam and anti spam). Most of my resources went to energy for jams, scans, and gating. So the most active member who’d most likely be pinned up against Milan would be me. 200 veh (10 R5) vs. 800 veh (about 500 R5).
- Milan was already extremely likely to get all the crystals on the world with that kind of army. Why stall the era an extra couple hundred ticks for the sake of stalling? I had no additional allies to call on to turn things around. So I would literally be stalling the era purely for the sake of stalling the era (which, to be fair, I have done before, but those I still had slim chances of coming out on top at least along with possible allies to call upon).
- Me fighting means era continues AND Alex rewarding the fighting (meaning, I give Milan even more crystals for him to farm up and stall the era on even longer to collect).
- Milan LOVES fighting and earning his wins. Granted, he already got most of his kicks from killing TLA, TLAV, TLAS, MERC, and DPLR. But adding JW to the list only continues to boost ego if you were to add in ‘they fought back hard and still lost’.
- My team wasn’t as active as TLA or perhaps even TLAV, but we were active enough to fight. Meanwhile, TLA who were more active had nearly all members focused on trying to kill Milan and still failed as milan picked them off 1 at a time with more activity.
Take it as you will. But with all that info, did you really want me to fight Milan and stall E1 even longer? At best, I could probably have dodged around Milan for a few weeks to avoid spy traps, still lose majority of territory due to his overwhelming number of R5 (I’d need to send 3x more squads at everything just to defend in fear of R5, which I didn’t have the capacity to do), not be able to stop a frontal assault on colony, meaning losing my income, and I’d eventually run out of the resources to make OPs to continue running.
So end story, if I fought.
Yay! I stalled E1 for an extra 2 weeks and Milan still got exactly what he wanted AND gets rewarded for fighting by admin events (which stalls era even longer!)
If I did what I did.
Era ends sooner. I don’t kill myself and my teammates for a near 0% success rate to turn things around. Milan doesn’t get rewarded by admin with more events.
I still stand by my decision