Adopt a Newb Centre :: Supermechs Version

I know this was suggested a couple times before, but that was hald a year ago now and nothing really came from it. so I’m going to try to run the first Super Mechs AANC. I have no idea how successful or popular it will be but worth a shot. we need something to cool all this tension lately.

How It Works

each “newb” will be assigned a mentor. this mentor will be responsible for training the newb and helping him untill the point the newb no longer feels they are in need of guidence. the newb can ask the mentor questions about anything in game, ask for build and play advice and the mentor could also do things like play testing with the newb. this will grant struggling players the kickstart they need to get going in supermechs or even just help some of the mid tier players get themselves through into the top ranks. if a newb feels their mentor is not helping they can request to be assigned a new one, but will be pushed to the back of the que. likewise if a mentor reasonably feels a newb is unteachable due to either bad attitude, or refusal to take advice they can request to be un-assigned from the newb aswell. mentors can take on as many or as few newbs as they feel capable to help. mentors will be required to have a certain level of expertise in supermechs.

if there are enough people willing to do this I’ll probably make a chat/message thread either here on the forums or on discord for mentors and newbs.

Becoming a Student

to request a mentor fill out the following form and post it either in this thread or in a PM to me.

IGN (in game name):
Time Zone:
Level of Experience:
Fluent Languages:
Preffered Build Type (optional):
Discord Tag (optional):

when a mentor becomes available you will be notified via forum PM, so check the forum regularly, or you can be notified via discord if you’d preffer. you might also want to say a bit about why you want a mentor.

Becoming a Mentor

to become a mentor fill out the following form and post it either in this thread or in a PM to me.

IGN (in game name):
Time Zone:
Level of Experience:
Fluent Languages:
Preffered Build Type to Teach (optional):
Discord Tag (optional):

When a newbie becomes available for training you will be asked if you want to take them on via PM here so check the forum regularly, or you can be notified via discord if you’d preffer. you might also want to say a bit about why you want to become a mentor but you don’t need to.

if this thing flops it flops, it’s just an idea. I’m going to tag some people who I think would make good mentors, forgive me if that extra blue one just spoils your afternoon. @lordgorgon @Mr.E @bestplayerintheworld @El_Metre @Rovolution @L3x @Wepwawet @HappyPoppers @Fluffeh @Mordulec

(could only mention 10 per post) @ShadowOfDeath @Transcendant @PFAHLMANN @CloudedSunrise @Well @TheBlackMan

I could collaborate with pleasure, but for a matter of time, I wont to commit to fixed time. Sometimes I travel and I´ve to connect from the mobile and with mobile I can hardly talk on chat.

Anyway, if you need help, as long as I can, I’m willing to give it. Especially if it’s about building heat or phys mechs, with energies I have no experience.

its alright if you have to go away for a while, the comitments are fairly flexible. you can always pass your trainees off to a substitute for a period if you become inactive and take them back on again when you get back.

A very original ideea:

Also it has been done alredy, and i have been tutoring players for almost 5 months now.
Feel free to burrow it, there are some good ideeas in that topic, that you can use… thanks for asking :wink:

I did see that thead but at the end it finished with a post you said you were too busy and the similar threads thing didnt reveal anything else but a “legion” clan thing which is lightly different. if its already on going then thats fine.

“I know this was suggested a couple times before.”

You just came here to cause disruption didn’t you?

@Misfit I’ll gladly try and be a mentor (or rather if I’m considered “newbish” a student). But I quite like the idea of helping other progress through the game while having more knowledge of tactics/builds etc. c:

Well the may think and the basic principal of this Academy is that 1 mentor can teach alot more then 1 student.

1. Make classes, of mentorship,
  2. Have 1 mentor for each 6-8 students, cause unlike the BD, you testing and improving with others.
  3. You can setup more discord groups, and set them up as clases.

the f… is wrong with u?

Probably misjudged that first reply. But it came off disk-ish to me. Apologies if I was wrong.

I feel really honoured to be in the list but in my humble opinion I wouldn’t be a good mentor.
There are many others with way more experience than me. My experience is only 6 months tho.
Moreover i’m having less and less time and probably I won’t be accessible as often as I would like to.
I keep my fingers crossed for this project!

Im in Misfit:
Ign: Lord Gorgon
Time zone: Turkey
Languages: English/French
Experience level: acceptable
Favorite mech type: physical baby

I would like to be a mentor. While Im not a top player, I can say that I can give some experienced advice on the game and with build help

IGN: Yeet
Time ZonE: Eastern Standard time
Level of Experience: 9 months
Fluent Languages: English
Preffered build type: Heat

Yes!!!

When I saw this topic- I immediately thought that lordgorgon needs to be a mentor for new and aspiring physicals!

This is actually a great initiative.

I think a one on one approach is the most viable since it would be less time consuming than having a whole class.

I’d be prepared to help advise new players in any capacity, and I’m available, even though I still consider myself a student in the game.

Sign me up Scotty (lol, so literal) :upside_down_face:

Si tuviera tiempo, hablara mejor ingles XD!!
< Ya van 2 veces me retraso 1 día en el raid, ahora estoy muy inactivo XD!

This is very cool, but sadly I am not in the list (Obviously, but I do know how to teach noobs, even I thought a Rank 5 how to build a boiler :joy:)

Anyways, understandable have a nice day.

I would like to be newb status. Gimme help now

@Chicken_Drink follow these instructions.

IGN - Boomination
Time Zone - I’m on vacation I cant tell you so I’ll just pop around
Level of Experience - Stupid Newb (rank 10)
Fluent Languages - English
Preferred Build Type - Energy Consuming Physical

IGN (in game name): Cocobie
Time Zone: (EDT)
Level of Experience: Absolutely Trash (Rank 15)
Fluent Languages: English