Add gems and socket on equipment

1. a list of gems and effects on weapon

Ruby : +20 heat damage ( 4 uses : +25, 3 uses : +30, 2 uses : +40, 1 use : +60, drone : +10)
Sapphire : +20 energy damage ( 4 uses : +25, 3 uses : +30, 2 uses : +40, 1 use : +60, drone : +10)
Topaz : ammo & rocket cost -60% (1-4 uses : -80%)
Amethyst : remove heat cost
Emerald : remove energy cost
Diamond : +2 physical resistance drain (4 uses : +3, 3 uses : +4, 2 uses : +5, 1 use : +8, drone : +1)
Garnet : +2 explosive resistance drain (4 uses : +3, 3 uses : +4, 2 uses : +5, 1 use : +8, drone : +1)
Opal : +2 electric resistance drain (4 uses : +3, 3 uses : +4, 2 uses : +5, 1 use : +8, drone : +1)
Agate : +4 cooling damage (4 uses : +6, 3 uses : +8, 2 uses : +10, 1 use : +16, drone : +2)
Aquamarine : +4 regeneration damage (4 uses : +6, 3 uses : +8, 2 uses : +10, 1 use : +16, drone : +2)
Amber : +8 max heat damage (4 uses : +12, 3 uses : +16, 2 uses : +20, 1 use : +32, drone : +4)
Pearl : +8 max energy damage (4 uses : +12, 3 uses : +16, 2 uses : +20, 1 use : +32, drone : +4)
Obsidian : +1 minimum range (1 use : +2)
Jade : +1 maximum range (1 use : +2)
Moonstone : +1 pull (2-4 uses : +2, 1 use : +3, drone : 1 with a probability of 50%)
Crystal : +1 knockback (2-4 uses : +2, 1 use : +3, drone : 1 with a probability of 50%)

Repair drones give opposite effect instead of damage

2. a list of gems and effects on torsos

Ruby : +12 expolosive resistance
Sapphire : +12 electric resistance
Topaz : +12 physical resistance
Amethyst : rockets +40
Emerald : bullets +40
Diamond : +120 health
Garnet : start with activated shield
Opal : start with activated drone
Agate : +30 cooling
Aquamarine : +30 regeneration
Amber : +60 max heat
Pearl : +60 max energy
Obsidian : +1 walking distance
Jade : +1 jumping distance (or add jumping)
Moonstone : +1 late turn priority
Crystal : +1 first turn priority

3. examples of the number of sockets

lv. 1-15 items : 4 sockets
lv. 16-29 items : 3 sockets
lv. 30 and Mythical items : 2 sockets

Gems should have weight. It will be possible to make your own unique settings.

are you kidding me
we have SuperMechs here, not another magic MMORPG, with their gems, astral spirits and over 9000 of other magical trash; only purpose of all that trash is complicating game so much that game looks unique and keeps players from leaving.

SuperMechs keeps players from leaving via ability to creatively make a good mech and interesting battles (well, it will do that when we fix balance and implement real tournaments)

besides, well known “Modules” are already can be considered “gems” that improve your mech. And if you need to alter your weapons set, just bring other weapons.

There is not much meaning in gems. Just look at the socket system itself.
In rank 1 PVP, It is not fun to fight with similar mythical settings every time.
Adding gems on torsos is overlapped with the module, but is put in for balance. Of course, It might be a bad idea.

this problem should be solved with balance tweaks that makes much more builds viable. Not with “sockets”

Bad Idea Go away :expressionless:

this is exactly what i suggest WHEN I SAY NOT FALL IN GEMS SYSTEM!!!

why? simple, we have fuel, so who will drop the jewels? mechs on insane mode only? like a reward of wins on 1v1? yeah on rank 1 is so easy win… P_P sarcasm detected…

then, no… i dont want a diamond shell socketed with 50+ resist and 1000hp…

by the way…

this os for legs, not for torso… [quote=“CircusGalop, post:1, topic:3077”]
Moonstone : +1 late turn priority
Crystal : +1 first turn priority
[/quote]

and this ones are just… unnecesary… first turn is decided by rank, the higher begin second (wins/exp make this when rank are the same)[quote=“CircusGalop, post:1, topic:3077”]
Agate : +30 cooling
Aquamarine : +30 regeneration
Amber : +60 max heat
Pearl : +60 max energy
[/quote]

imagine a lavascope with 2 ambers and ultraheat module!!! [quote=“CircusGalop, post:1, topic:3077”]
Diamond : +120 health
[/quote]

lets see how worst will come the game:

Diamond shell with actual max hp ( 640 ) plus 2 diamons socketed = 880hp

31 resist & shield of 30%.

Of course a recovery drone with amethyst (no heat) and one ruby (if he dont attack to opponent is probably than works like a cooldown, mean low your heat on +20 every turn).

Legs epic (lvl 28) with 3 movement socketed with one jade (+1jump distance) to make +4 the move of mech; 1 cristal to high the knock from 2 to 3; and one ruby (+20 heat on phys legs).

Firewall with garnet (2 explosive drain) and Amethyst (making it a no heat push explosive drainer with unlimited uses).

The push top weapon is epic (lvl 27-28 maybe) so need 3 jewels : one agate (+4 cooling damage) one amber (+8 heat dmg) and pick one garnet(drain resist) or another amethyst (no heat)

and finally the orb… of course only can be socketed with 2 but lets put more heat with a ruby and one jade (+1 maximum range) yeah to increase the long range attack.

so, tell me mister smart, how in the hell you will beat this jeweled diamond shell???!!!

Emerald - remove energy cost
Yeah. Make energy builds pretty much useless.

It’s my mistake. I realized that I should have left this game without this post when I feel bored.

We are friendly people
We just say everything straight

i only try to explian why gems or jewels will make a nightmare the game, i did with diamond shell, but try to do with any other config, top or not, will make simple weapons to unbalanced op weapons like the firewall…

probably will be good… but we just can say what we think about it… some tweeks and fix to jewels can make it better…

the problem with “gems” would be too much modifications in too few ways possible.

Currently mech is already can be modded at decent amount, but number of uniquie ways where you can go with your mods is limited.

If you add more modificability and those new mods (gems or whatever else) don’t bring anything new or allow something radically changing, everyone will just use them to tweak their mech towards one of current stable, balanced and epowerful builds. Everyone will have same stats no matter how they weapons look.

If you add more modificability and those new mods WILL allow radical changes (like +240hp to diamond shells or overpowered repair drone), radically overpowered builds will rule the game. Invincible shell, or other. Problem is, there is quite not much of this builds, since there isn’t much real complexity in the game; thus, games will become boring, with one or few builds everywhere at high ranks.

thats why we shouldn’t add more modding options (usable by everyone without any penalties) before adding some totally new mechanics. Before saying “add gems”, think of what else you could add before.

let us use "gems’ in another way. currently we destroy items to upgrade other items. instead
we sell useless items to buy “boosting modules or gems if you want to call it”

Brownie points for the concept though! :smiley:

That would be power kits

well, that’s true; more sensible to exchange weapons for power kits rather than destroying item to boost another

Turn priority
If you use repair drone, the latter turn is more favorable.
If you use super nova with 2 sapphire or Infernova with 2 ruby, the first turn is more favorable.
I knew that those are relatively less effective.

Removing energy cost
I thought that a electric mech uses this to fight with another electric mech.

Diamond Shell build
I thought a drone with +2 resistance drain is good against Diamond shell, but it will still be overpowered.

Balance and change
You are right. I realized gems should not be added as above.