A few small tweaks to make Super Mechs balanced

The game is pretty unbalanced between types. Heat is stronger than physical, and energy is either OP or weak af depending on whether or not the energy mech has dual val.

We don’t need some elaborate change to balance, just a few small tweaks

A simple fix would be to
Nerf val from 189 drain down to 145.
Cut energy and physical wep heat cost in half.
Give heat drones energy cost of 1
Reduce resistance drain done by phy weps and drone by 5 per wep

Nerfing val but then cutting the cost would slightly defeat the point. Also, what about things like annihilation? (no cost)

Haha. Ha. That would so balance the game! The effects are unimaginable!!! Costs across the board are 1 energy!? Regardless of whether they are common or mythical wat?

Meh physical is the weakest, don’t make it weaker. I would say physical would need new weapons, if anything.

Look, to make the game more balanced, nerfing and buffing is not the answer. This has been shown many times. All it does is create another meta. Instead, new strategy should be implemented. For example, this may not be the best idea but it conveys my point, adding in an extra energy regen when you manually shut down your mech. This is an example of the concept that the developers need to grasp in order to make the game more balanced. Instead of changing items and endlessly unbalancing the game, instead make new components

Bloody nonsense sugestions.

Nerfing val but then cutting the cost would slightly defeat the point. Also, what about things like annihilation? (no cost)

Not sure you understood. currently val does 189 energy drain to opponent. I would reduce that to 145. The energy cost would be the same. And it has 0 heat cost to begin with.

Ha. That would so balance the game! The effects are unimaginable!!! Costs across the board are 1 energy!? Regardless of whether they are common or mythical wat?

Currently, heat drones have 0 energy cost and will work when drained. So giving them a cost of 1 would mean that they won’t work when drained anymore.

Meh physical is the weakest, don’t make it weaker. I would say physical would need new weapons, if anything.

Yes, phy currently is weakest assuming all energy mechs have dual val. But if we made those other changes then phy would be OP, so that would balance it.

To make the game more balanced, nerfing and buffing is not the answer. This has been shown many times. All it does is create another meta. Instead, new strategy should be implemented. For example, this may not be the best idea but it conveys my point, adding in an extra energy regen when you manually shut down your mech. This is an example of the concept that the developers need to grasp in order to make the game more balanced. Instead of changing items and endlessly unbalancing the game, instead make new components

That would make energy mechs unplayable in PvP. If you were going to do that you’d either have to eliminate end of turn regen, or give all mechs auto cool at the end of their turn. Either way you’re talking about doing pretty drastic stuff that will create another meta anyway, but one that is far more unbalanced that what we have.

I’m sorry man.I’ll express it in one word for it’s a lot to say about this.
No.

So…a myth void will do only damage since it’s current res drain is 5…
Greedy, who have low af maybe not af, but still… damage and 10 res drain, would drop to low af damage AND 5 resistance drain, which is about to nothing…

A rare Armor destroyer deal 3 res drain… It would mathematicaly drop to -2 res drain…in other words: you add 2 phys resistance to your opponent…you better remove it…and it would let the epic tier alone, since the transform tree is cut between epic and legendary…and an item with only one tier in transform range is basically a coding bug or a legacy item…
You see the problem ?
It would imply some more important changes…

And I just pointed out the Physical case ^^
So, to sum all my book, it’s a frank NO from me ^^

Im sorry you took that as an idea I wanted to implement. Thats not an idea that should be implemented, it was just an example of the concept of adding new strategy instead of nerfing

Armor destroyer would obviously be exempt. That wep should actually be buffed to infinite range, and myth version of it should do 35 resist drain.

Nerf everything. Nerf this whole game. Instead, make an immersion of it IRL, where if your mech explodes, YOU also explode.

No need to bring conflicts from other threads here, dude. That’s totally not cool.

Thanks man! I appreciate the compliment :smile:

Me too! #nohomobro

I dont remember saying that but if you insist ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wait, what was this thread about again?

you guys are seriously cracking me up no lie (no homo)

Jesus…I have…no words.

Oops she didn’t want me to post this my bad

LOL

20 characterssss