We collect information from you when you register on our community website and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on this community, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- We also use your IP address to prevent fraud throughout the use of multiple accounts, prevent duplicate recording of link clicks, for identifying issues and to prevent attacks and spam on our forums and infrastructure. Our Host (DiscourseHosting) also records your IP address for said purpose. It may also be used to deny access to certain users with such patterns of behavior.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Profile information can be changed in your profile screen. In case you have any issues rectifying any such information, our staff can help you change it or you can reach out to us through emailing email@example.com.
You can download all data we keep on you for this forum through the profile menu, in case you have any issues using this system our staff can help you access it or you can reach out to us through emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All personally identifiable data can be removed on request, though some data may remain as it was voluntarily made public (such as, for example, your posts) or shared with others, in case you wish for all your data to be removed, please contact our staff or reach out to us through emailing email@example.com.
Various processes on this forum work with automated decisions as to provide a good forum experience. To faciliate these processes, the forum may use data from your posts or your account.
Based on this data Badges are awarded and your Trust Level is set. Your Trust Level reflects the confidence the administration has in your behaviour and a high trust level comes with various advantages. On request, your trust level can be locked and potential upgrades can be reviewed on request without such automated decisions.
To limit the usage of your data, please refer to the Erasure of your Data.
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated May 24, 2018.